C&L

C&L

Monday, October 2, 2017

Tragedy

It seems like every time this country is divided something tragic happens to remind us to love one another. There are so many of us who want to help each other and love one another, but opinions and politics can get in the way. I hate when all I see is division and hate over social media. It's so hard to really understand each and every person's point of view. When tragic, horrific things happen like last night in Vegas we have to be reminded that we are all humans. We all need to love one another and treat others the way we want to be treated. There is so much evil in this world. I wish I didn't have to be scared to leave my house and my kids to grow up in a better world. Thankfully the hope we have is not in this world. If my hope was for the future of mankind, frankly I wouldn't have any. Can you imagine how this man who shot 50 people will be judged today? He is facing the one and only Creator in heaven and has to face the real eternity now. I am praying for each one of the soul's lost in the shooting and am hopeful God has given them grace.

Our pastor spoke about walking through suffering yesterday. We can never understand the, "Whys" of this world. Why did he do it? Why was it those people? Why? If God tried to explain it to us we probably still couldn't understand it all. It's best to leave it in HIS hands and ask the questions when we get there.

We are trying to get ready for Nana and Papa this weekend and it feels like so much preparation. Getting food for the week, plus kids food, plus things to do, plus cleaning, plus sleep training Noelle again, plus more snacks. I went to Costco today, but only picked up a few things. Still need to go to Whole Foods, Aldi and pick up a wedding gift at Target. I can't believe we are leaving on Friday morning. I am so excited to get away for a little while.

Today Noelle and Micah went to the doctor to get flu shots and NJ's 9 months appt. She is 20 pounds now and 29.5 inches! Micah is 30 pounds and 49.5 inch. They were both pros at getting shots. I told Micah he could have a donut if he was a good boy and that really helped. Also he has been learning at church that God makes him brave and we said it a few times before he got the shot and seems to really calm his nerves. He even watched the needle go in his leg and didn't move. He said, "Ow that kind of hurt." And I'm not sure why but he is deciding Mondays he gets up super duper early. I think he wants me to know it's Monday or something. The rest of the week he seems to sleep till 7 or later, but Mondays are too early. Blah. So I had an extra dose of caffeine and now I'm blogging instead of napping.

This weekend we got to have family time since there were NO football games. woohoo!!! We went to the Heard Museum and saw the LIVE Dinosaurs and walked the nature trails. Micah LOVED it and I know many of you saw the snaps or Instagram videos! He seriously loved every minute. I knew he would. So I have to add this story in here because it was so weird. Craig decided to buy a shirt from Amazon with an American Flag on it that said, "I Don't Kneel." He is pretty offended at the protests going on since he is a veteran. He also decided he wanted to wear it out on our family day. I told him I really didn't want to get people upset or even make a scene if we went somewhere and someone didn't like his shirt. When we walked in and went to the counter of the museum I told her 2 adults 1 child and a baby. She said it would be 24 dollars. Then the manager came over and told the employee that we don't owe anything. I was confused and so was she. Then she leaned over and said, "I appreciate him wearing that shirt. I am the manager on duty and I can make these types of calls." OKAY. So now I feel like a fool. I told him not to wear this shirt and blah blah and guess what? We got in for FREE because of it. So now I'm sure I will get that put back at me some time soon.
We really had a great time and the weather was just about perfect.












Here is Micah and his two best friends he calls, "his brothers"




Yes they are eating chocolate cake after our MOMS meeting. I did make him eat a boiled egg before he could have any cake. I still have some rules!!

I was trying to do a comparison of my two babies and here they are at 4 months. 



Here a little sneak peak of the Dinosaurs. Lots of fun.



Can't wait to have some time away and with my parents this weekend. Much much much much much much ....needed time!!

Love you all

No comments:

Post a Comment