C&L

C&L

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Support

Since I posted my story on my Facebook page I've had a ton of support and a few people reach out. I knew it would touch some people more than others. Many friends I have are in the same boat. In their 30's wanting babies, or having babies, or trying to have babies. We are definitely in that stage of life. Last week I had a long lost friend from elementary school contact me and tell me how much my story helped her as she was just in the process of finding out her HCG levels were dropping. She also has a son around the same age as Micah was when I had mine. Yesterday I got a new message from her saying she was in the hospital recovering from an ectopic pregnancy that ruptured. She lost her right tube and was hurting...emotionally. Wow. It hit me so hard. I wish I would have asked her more about her situation and what was happening. I wish I could have helped her before it happened. It's just crazy how much we connect now. Someone so far and so long ago can connect on such a personal and different level because of these types of situations. I realized how much it meant to me to have someone reach out and tell me the same thing happened to them. But it wasn't something that happened recently. I really hope I can be here for her and even give her daily hope. This little girl in my tummy is a miracle and I am so grateful, but also know it can happen for others too.
Please keep her in your prayers. As she navigates the next few months and the challenges that come with it.


Wanted to also talk about the weekend. Leslie's baby shower was too cute. The theme was called "Sprinkled with Love" and everything was very thought out and beautiful. I didn't take many photos, but she had a headband making station, block making station and you could write stuff on diapers for late night changes. They had yummy food and lots of desserts with sprinkles! I had a great time celebrating little Eliza Hope.







Today Micah is getting a haircut!! I'm so excited that Craig is finally agreeing. It has to be way too long before he agrees, but it's time! I can even put his hair in a ponytail like his uncle Marky.



Micah is such a little two year old now. He is also a performer. He likes to sing and dance for his stuffed animals. It's so sweet. I don't really know what he's saying, but when I play back the video it's like he knows exactly what he's saying...so that's all that matters. 


Craig was able to get Micah's sister's room painted this weekend. It's a very light grey and will look so perfect with the white crib and coral bedding. 
Micah loves to go in his sister's room. 



We are so excited to go on vacation this WEEKEND!! Woohoo.  We get to experience Gatlinburg all over again with new adventures. Can't wait to be with all my family for a week. 


On Monday night Micah and I went over Maggie's house to hang out for a little bit. Micah loves playing with little Isabella and they are so cute together. It's still hard for Maggie to do anything. She went to the grocery store and everything reminded her of her husband. I would think being at home all the time would be worse. She hasn't really left her house since it happened so being at home is comfort for her. Please keep her in your prayers. I think since the shock is going away the reality is setting in and is even harder to contemplate. 

We are celebrating her birthday tonight and hoping that we can make her laugh and let her know we are here for her. 




Love you all

1 comment: