C&L

C&L

Sunday, March 11, 2018

4 year anniversary

So I just received a congrats from my General Manager at WPSD-TV in Paducah, KY. He wrote me on LinkedIn and said congrats on staying home with my kids. I realized that LinkedIn had said I had started my blog four years ago and I guess they wanted to congratulate me on my accomplishment. That's so crazy that I started the blog that long ago. I can't believe I've been writing for so long and keeping my life on the internet. So congrats to all of you reading this right now too!! You have been keeping up with the Hooker's for a long time!

When I think about working again I get so confused, because I really don't know what I want to do. I try to just enjoy the moment and be with these cute kids and try to parent them as best I can. But it does remind me of those days and what I should do next with my degree.

So I started this blog a few days ago and never was able to finish or even get very far. There ya go. It shows you that I have absolutely NO time to do anything but mother these children. I can't even think of another job. You know what was crazy today. The sermon was about ambition. And I see many posts about stay at home moms having no ambition. And when I read that it really hurt, but today I realized something wonderful. Ambition without God is meaningless. If you have everything in the world material wise than it was all for nothing. And when I think about working...would it be to prove to myself or the world? Would the end result give me more meaning to my life? Not at all. I think of the big picture of working. Yes, if I was doing something I LOVE... that is totally different. If I was in the church and giving of my time and effort to love on people.. yes that's amazing. But to have a job to make money or make myself feel "worthy" is a horrible ambition. Right now my ambition to love my kids and my neighbors is better than all the money in the world. Sometimes you know it, but you just need to hear it out loud.

In other news...We had a great week with the weather. Parks and playdates. So much fun getting outside and doing sidewalk chalk and eating dirt. Trying to hard to get away from technology and staying inside when it's nice out. I want our kids to be in God's beauty and his handy work everyday so they can see what he has made for us. How he takes care of all of us. I love these kids so much. They are the cutest. They are starting to play together more and I hear Noelle laughing at brother. I just watched them the other day playing in the play room and thought, "So this is what it's all about." Friendship forever. Sibling love. Hoping they stay close through the next few years.

Library fun

 Coffee Park




 Zonked

Picking up brother from school


Library fun again




Oh yes... We had our first Easter Egg hunt yesterday at our local park. It was put on my our neighborhood association. Lots of kids turned out. It was a great time and we got to meet a new neighbor. He had a little girl who was 8months old. We got his number and will be inviting him and his wife over soon!!























Have a wonderful week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment