C&L

C&L

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Feeling better

I'm doing much better today. I have realized he was exhausted on Monday and there was nothing I could have done differently. I keep thinking he doesn't need naps because he has such a hard time, but then these days happen and when we got home on Monday he slept from 1:30-4:30p.m. So then I realized he was just out of whack. We had a long weekend and I just feel like he's so much older now and doesn't need naps. I am smacking myself for that one. I didn't see any of the signs that he was tired until it was too late. He seems to be back to his sweet self. I realize when he gets tired and out of sorts he is mean to his sister and me. Sometimes it's just too late for a nap and it's 5 p.m. and I have another 2 hours of a mean little mister. Not sure how to handle it all, but I know that's why they call it the "Witching Hour."

Noelle is napping now and Micah is at school. I got to clean up the kitchen, eat lunch, take a shower, and now writing on here. All by MYSELF.  Phew.  It was a surprise when I laid Noelle down at 11:40 a.m. for her nap and she did not make a peep. I really hope she is finally getting used to it and realizing she likes to nap. She is still sleeping through the night and both of them always seem to sleeping when we have something to do in the morning. Like today for instance they NJ at 7:45 a.m. and Micah at 8a.m. and of course we have to leave by 8:40a.m. to get to school on time. On days that we have nothing they will be up at 7 a.m. That's just called LIFE I guess.

I don't want to make anyone jealous...but Craig and I have booked our excursions we will be taking on our cruise and it has really got us pumped. Right now we only have 3 days booked and left one day for something spontaneous. In Costa Maya we will be driving ATV's in the jungle and then find a beach at the end where they serve us fancy drinks and relax. In Cozumel we are taking an amazing secret river tour where we go inside caves and wear a wetsuit. I mean seriously!!! Then in Roatan we are swimming with dolphins and snorkeling. I just can't imagine it all, but I am so excited for all this fun in the sun and with my love. Back to finding ourselves and connecting again with doing new adventures together. I'm so glad our friends gave us this idea back in June. What a long time to wait, but so worth it. We feel so lucky to be able to do this together even when our kids are still so young.

I know I will miss these little buggers...but they will be in such good hands!! Makes me so much more calm and relaxed.


This walk in our red wagon took place on Monday after everyone had napped. It was so nice to get outside and get some fresh air.




I'm glad we did it too because it's been raining ever since. Stuck inside. When that sun comes out... I will be outside!!

Love you all

No comments:

Post a Comment