C&L

C&L

Monday, October 15, 2018

Off to Kansas City

We are off to KC on Wednesday and are so excited to be with our family for a few days. Definitely not a long enough vacation, but our first road trip with the kids! I am really praying for a smooth ride. We transitioned Micah to a booster seat and Noelle to Micah's carseat. It was more of Noelle being just too big for the infant car seat. I hope I didn't push Micah to grow up too fast. He's so tall now though I think the booster fits him well. I really don't like that I have to buckle him again, but the good part is he can unbuckle himself. So now it's a different type of independence for him. I was scared he might try it while we were driving and he did. Thankfully we were still in our neighborhood and I pulled over and put it back on and told him he would fly through the window if he didn't wear his seatbelt. His response was, "But the window is closed, mom." YES EXACTLY.. I said.. YOU will go through the windshield son! I think that scared him pretty bad. He hasn't tried it again. I'm not sure he realized we would have to get into a bad accident...but I'll just let him think he will fly through the windshield without it on.

I am still sleeping with Noelle in her room. I think she may be able to go all night without me now, but the other night I was in my bed trying to fall asleep and I actually went to her room because I was so used to it. I thought I might fall asleep in there and I DID. So not only is she getting accustomed to it, but so am I. I don't think it's good for both of us. Praying I can figure out the best option soon. At least we are both sleeping and feeling refreshed in the morning. I try and sneak out around 7 a.m. to get some time alone... this morning I got lucky and she slept till 8 a.m.

Micah and I went to a Halloween party on Friday and he had a blast. It was my friend's friends party that I am now a part of (mormon group) and they are so kind to me. It was a cute family friendly party and Micah had so much fun. He is loving halloween a little too much in my opinion. He is not scared at all... which I think is interesting. The bad part is his sister is SUPER afraid of every little thing. So today he figured out if he put on a hat over his face it scared Noelle....and she would cry and really was terrified. At first I have to admit it was a little funny, so I laughed and told Noelle it was just Micah. Then it happened all day...every second. I mean, he is a boy and is loving torturing his sister and he really isn't doing anything. But OMG I was about to POP my lid. Crying and whining all day with these two really pushed my buttons. I know it's his brotherly duty to scare her and be ornery...but sheesh.




I made these spider oreos for the party! They were a hit...







Pumpkin Patch fun last week before it rained









One night Craig took Micah to go pick something up and Noelle and I got to walk around the block by ourselves and she decided to push her baby. It was the cutest thing I ever did see. She also reminded me of me when I was her age. I think she looks so much like me it's crazy!!



 And the jean jacket....ADORBS


I have to brag on my son a bit now. He is an amazing LEADER. Can I just tell you how all these boys in his class want to wait for MICAH? They want to say bye to him and play with him even though they just spent all day with him. I heard another mom say...are you Micah's mom? My son keeps talking about him. OMG. This kid is a rockstar. Everyone loves him and he is the BEST at making friends. I may cry because I'm just so proud of this little four year old and his loving heart.

 Another moment that melts me is this one. Noelle loves holding brothers hand when we walk out of school on Fridays now. It's just the most adorable thing ever.



Ahh ...yes and we experienced bowling for the first time last week. Noelle LOVED it and so did Micah. I couldn't believe I hadn't taken them before. I was really surprised how much they loved pushing the ball down this little slide!!





Last but not least some daddy snuggles in the morning. The best part about dad staying home to work some days is the morning snuggles!!





Here are some cute fall photos of our pumpkins...no more carving.

















Can't wait to have some great family photos on my next blog post. 
Till next time!


1 comment: