C&L

C&L

Saturday, February 9, 2019

Whirlwind

Good Saturday to all of you!!

It has been a two crazy weeks of non stop going for me. I think I have gotten more steps on my fitbit than ever before. We had a fun time in Orlando with my dad's side of the family. I go to see some cousins I haven't seen in a long time. Micah had a blast with cousins his age. He has already told me several time he misses Nana and Papa and Caleb. He got to have a brother for a whole week and I think he really enjoyed it. Papa and I got to take the boys to Animal Kingdom and it was a blast. The temp was 60 degrees which was a little cool, but better than being 100!We saw the Lion King musical, Bird show, Finding Nemo musical, and went on a safari ride. We even got to be bugs and watch a 4-D movie. I love that Micah is a perfect age for Animal Kingdom. Not many rides for him, but I really enjoyed all the shows. The best part was not much waiting in line because we pretty much only went to shows.  On Saturday we were supposed to leave, but an off duty TSA agent decided to take his life in the middle of the airport. The security area was compromised and Southwest had to cancel about 100 flights including mine. The best part about this situation was that Saturday was a beautiful day and Micah and Noelle got to swim all day and play. Micah even did the water slide at the park and conquered a fear he had. Then I couldn't get him to stop going down the slide. It was such a blessing until Saturday night..... Noelle caught the stomach bug!!!! I guess it had been going around some of the adults and kids that week, but I didn't think we were around them. Both the babies got it Saturday night Jaxon who is 2 and Noelle. Our flight wasn't until 7 p.m. but I was a wreck most of the day cleaning up vomit and trying to hold myself together. No Superbowl party for me that night. I was on a plane holding two kids sleeping. I'm so thankful neither of them threw up on the plane. That was my worst nightmare. We didn't get home until 10 p.m. which was actually 11 Orlando time. 

This was the first time I really had a meltdown in a long time. It was a good reminder for me that I am not strong enough on my own. I really can't be strong enough all the time. And even though I want to feel like super mom... I am not. I am only strong with God. Prayer and reaching out to friends to pray for me felt so good. I think many times as moms we try to hold it together and not let anyone see our hurt because we want people to see how strong we are... but God didn't make us strong enough to do it on our own. He made us to rely on him for ALL things. Crying out to him is music to his ears. He wants to hear our cry and doesn't want us to struggle on our own. 


So getting back home I had another crazy week of MOMS leadership meetings, band rehearsal, Happy Place meeting, and Core Team Campus meeting (at our house) all this week!! I have been so scared I was going to get the stomach bug. Micah got it on Wednesday and Craig as well. I had to miss out on our Happy Place meeting to take care of them. Can I just tell you I HAVE NOT got the bug and my miracle elixir is... APPLE CIDER VINEGAR. Now I can't say for sure that this was the reason. However, I am 95 percent sure. I have been taking it everyday morning and night and I really think it has protected my stomach from getting the virus. If anyone should have gotten it... it would have been me!! I have been cleaning up puke and poo for the last 2 weeks ya'll!! This is craziness. I want to become the new spokesperson for ACV, so I should reach out to them.. hahah


Micah is now recovering from PINK EYE he got on Thursday. I'm not sure ACV can protect me from that one, but we'll see!! 

Tomorrow I am singing at church so still praying I don't get the bug!! 

Picture time!! We really did have an amazing time in Florida despite the cold weather... I got to play the guitar (when Noelle let me) with my dad. We got to sing songs at night and have dinner as a big family. Such sweet times!


Look how cute these two are!!

 Both in their Chicago shirts









 This is pretty much how we all felt the whole week... haha

Hugs in the morning!!



 We always take a trip to Sanaa!!!










Thursday-Animal Kingdom

















Gracie gives the biggest, bestest hugs!!





























 Saying Goodbye!! 




Today we all slept in until 8:30 -9 a.m. and that means we are starting off this weekend right!!! Love you all so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment