C&L

C&L

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Micah and Me

What is going on these days???? It seems like everyone is sick. I think every year we get excited for fall and almost always forget what comes with it...sickness, flu, cough, runny nose, and everything in between. My sister's household was struck with the stomach bug. Yikes... now that means four kids are susceptible to this virus. It takes about 3 days to get it and can be spread around for almost 2 weeks (or that's what I read) and I am over here like..I'm so sorry.  We got away with not getting the bug, but that doesn't mean we are free. Rachel and the boys are supposed to come over Wednesday night and stay all weekend for Thanksgiving. Caleb is still throwing up...so that means we could get it if they come over here. Poor Rachel... my heart hurts for her. Not only does she have to take care of two sick kids, Hannah left for Chicago, so she's by herself working and then came down with a horrible cold yesterday.
Micah and I went all the way out to Suwannee and brought her medicine, oranges, and soup because she couldn't even leave the house. We didn't go inside and I couldn't even hug her but I wanted to so badly. She took a chance and moved her family out here and so far it's been a mess. I mean I can't imagine how she is feeling right now. All I can say is it HAS to get better. I really don't think it could get any worse for her. PLEASE PLEASE PRAY for her and the boys. 

So I told Micah we were going on an adventure to bring Auntie some much needed medicine. So we made a day out of it and took our time. Went to the park and tried to have as much fun as possible. 








We made the best of it and tried to do our part in taking care of my sister. I love her so much. 

On Sunday I got to see a friend who we met in Texas. Her family lives here in Marietta. It was like a 20 min drive to her moms house. So awesome!!! Gosh I really wish my sister's lived that close. How nice would that be? Anyways. She made us sausage meatballs, hash brown casserole and apple crisp. It was so yummy. I think she might come over and visit us on Friday before she leaves and meet my sis and her boys. I miss all my friends from Texas so much. 


Also, they had a cat. I guess Micah's never been around one and he was chasing after him and playing with him the entire time. It was so fun. He is so used to dogs, but when he saw this cat he kept saying, "woah!" haha

I will be trying my best to make us a Thanksgiving feast on Thursday. Corn bread pudding, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole and HAM. I'm also going to do Pecan Pie again. Yesterday I made two banana bread's for breakfast. Just call me Susie homemake. The real test is if everything comes out yummy. We will see.

I am so thankful for my sweet little family. I gave Craig a big hug when he came home yesterday and said thank you for everything you do, I love you. His reaction was, "Are you pregnant?" haha I'm not sure why he asked that, but maybe that's on his mind. I said...I'm just thankful I can stay home and love on my son and it's the best job in the entire world and I can do it all because of you. I am so grateful for this life. I feel so very blessed.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment