C&L

C&L

Friday, July 8, 2016

Long week

It's been a long week. Up and down. A friend is grieving the loss of her husband and I am celebrating new life growing. It's tough. Today I attended my neighbors husband's funeral. Lots of tears, laughs and love from everyone. I got to find out alot about a man I hadn't really known well. I heard about him being an amazing friend...husband and ultimately a devoted father. I can't imagine talking at my husbands funeral but I give Maggie so much credit for giving the eulogy today. I think I would do the same thing. I wouldn't want anything left out. Most of us neighborhood girls sat together and cried. We cried because we all have kids. Most of us have adored husbands and fathers and this could be possibly be the worst thing that could happen.
Today I am kissing and loving my husband. Making sure every second counts and that neither of us say goodbye without love for each other.
I was so happy to hear Maggie tell her kids to turn to God and he will comfort you. To know that this was in his plan and that he will still guide you. I'm sure it will be hard for the kids to understand why their father was taken from them. I had talked to Maggie about this. How she needs to be strong in her faith for her kids. This is a critical point where they can turn from him or towards him. You want them to have hope and faith that they will see their dad again.  That's the great thing about believing in God. We will all be together for eternity. But we have to believe. Believe he came to save us from death. Christ saves us from death because we have everlasting life in him. How can we go wrong?
This world is filled with hate, power, money, things, but this will soon dissolve and mean absolutely nothing. What really matters is what we believe. Who we believe loves us and wants to be with us forever. Making a place for us as we speak. This is what gives us hope.

People are dying all around us. Senseless acts from hate in the heart and not being accepted and loved. I'm so scared for my children.  But again I have to trust in the Lord and that he will guide them and their lives. Worrying will only make life harder. I will do my part and lead them toward God. Love them with all my heart and pray for them.

And tonight I'm praying for unity. Social media is ripping us all apart. Everyone is putting their opinions out there and it's tough to read. I want to have conversations and talk about the problems but seems like FB just makes everything worse. We can sit at a computer all day and type words but doesn't seem to be put into action. I pray that we can change our hearts and realize we are all children of God. Doesn't matter our skin color, age, looks, opinions or lifestyles. God loves us all the same and we should be loving one another. It says over and over in the bible to love others like yourself...must be why it's so hard to do.

All I know is I will love those around me and show love to those I don't know on the street. Show my son how to treat others with respect and love even if it's hard to do. This is how I can instill unity..starting at home.

Praying for Dallas and the men who lost their lives by police. Praying for our country and our president and all of the love we show to our neighbors daily.
God bless you all.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment