C&L

C&L

Thursday, July 28, 2016

I love you too mom

I don't think anything can prepare you for those three words coming from your little one. It may be the best sound in the world. He's been saying it alot to me lately. Out of nowhere, "I love you Mom." And tonight it just hit me so much harder. He's becoming a little man. Talking and saying everything. I hope he never stops saying he loves me.
Tonight I said goodnight to him and said I love you Micah. The way he said, "I love you too, Mom" made me think I was doing something right. Made every tough moment mean the world to me. These days many people don't want kids and I couldn't imagine never hearing those words. It makes you realize this life is worth the struggles and heartache. It's worth it to love those around you and give your kids as many kisses as possible.

I feel like every time I hear those words they mean more to me because they mean more to Micah. When he tells me he loves me out of nowhere it's probably the best feeling ever. Like what did I do to deserve this? I'm just so stinking grateful for this little guy. Everyday he makes me smile more.

He's only 26 months but I feel like he's turning 3 soon. He's picking up sentences and learning shapes, colors and numbers so quickly.  His little brain is soaking it all in and he may be smarter than me soon. Haha I can't believe how much they learn in the first few years if life.

I'm just so happy I can walk this journey with him everyday. I never miss a moment and I'm so incredibly lucky for that.

Happy Thursday ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment