C&L

C&L

Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Noelle is a big girl?

So the title of this blog is a question because Noelle just got a big girl bed, but I definitely don't think she's ready. Even though I have read a few articles on this age being the one for a toddler bed it just doesn't feel right. The last few nights have been rough. We try to lay with her to get her to fall asleep in Micah's room, but then she usually wakes and sleeps in my bed. Tonight she has her big girl bed but still refuses to even get in it. Surprisingly she loved it at first and put all her babies in the bed and books, but right when it was time for bed she went to the rocking chair and sits in it till she falls asleep. So I guess I need to take the chair out of the room so the bed is her only option. Wow. She is so stubborn. Like I know little kids hate sleeping...but sheesh. This one is so so stubborn. I'm trying to hold my ground, but we all need to sleep too. So what's the balance? She is so cute and loving during the day and I know she just wants to be with us and always near us...so I feel bad that I can't give her what she needs.


Here's what it the last few nights look like. Micah has a trundle bed so we put Noelle on the bottom but she couldn't even fall asleep without being on Craig's chest. Poor sweet girl. I wish I knew what we could do to help her fall asleep without us.


So prayers are welcome. I know it's a stage and I know she will eventually sleep in her bed again. I just need to realize this part is hard. It will get better.

This is the only pic I have right now of her big girl bed. I will get another one tomorrow. You can see it a little bit here. Micah is standing by it. I am hoping she likes it soon. This girl is such a handful!!!


Love you all

No comments:

Post a Comment