C&L

C&L

Monday, August 1, 2016

Weekend at home

Relaxing weekend at home. Craig worked on the babies dresser and cleaned out the garage on Saturday while M and I went to the pool. A thunderstorm came through while we were there and it was actually fun to stay and watch it. 20 mins later the sun came out and we got to enjoy the pool. My neighbor was there and found some mice in the garbage that were stuck. So of course Micah and I had to release them and save them. It's only in my nature to help out animals. Micah loved it. Once we released them he wanted to go look for them. So we took a chunk of time searching for them.  I told him they went back to their mommy. He was happy about that part.
Saturday night I took Micah to chickfila for dinner so he could play. It was a disappointing situation when we found out the play place was closed. Whenever something is broke Micah always says, "need hammer." I have NO idea where he got this but for almost a month now whenever something is broke he says we need a hammer to fix it. I just play along now.

Sunday I got to sing for the first time at church. I was able to meet alot of people and start my journey at Cumberland. Everyone was so nice. I had some nice compliments and looking forward to singing again. Also Pastor Alan remembered me and we laughed about how I tried to make a joke about being a Hooker and he didn't get it.
We signed up to go to a BBQ at his house next weekend. Hopefully we can connect a little more then!

I also got to see the newest addition to our neighborhood.  Weston Scott was born on Thursday night. He is Lindsay's new little man. What a cutie. How life had changed for her!! I am making her a lasagna (and also us one) for Wednesday. 

Today is kim mom's birthday!! We celebrated and sang to her on YouTube. Our present to her is a visit home to see her in September!! I wasn't planning this but realized it was the best present she could get. Micah always talks about Hannah and zeke and Tammi. I know he needs to see them all again before baby #2 gets here!!

This morning we got a rude awakening that our water heater broke and leaked on the garage where the babies dresser was. Craig says it soaked up too much water. I hope we can still paint it, but we'll see.
Looking at the bright side..the 850 dollar new water heater we got today was free. That's what happens when you rent!

Tonight I am going to a movie. Can you believe it?? I'm going to see a movie with Rachel since her kids are out of town. I'm so excited.

It will be nice to get out since Craig is leaving me half this week for a work trip.

Happy Monday!! And Happy Birthday GrAndma!!

No comments:

Post a Comment