C&L

C&L

Sunday, February 19, 2017

I'm a great mom

This post may sound like I'm bragging but it's far from the title. I've been thinking alot today about my life and how I keep singing to myself every morning, "Just keep swimming...just keep swimming." I love that phrase because it can push you to keep going whatever your circumstances. Mine is to keep going and loving my kids. Right now that's what I'm good at ....and that's it! I'm falling behind on being a good wife, daughter, sister, friend.

I'm posting this to say out loud  (not literally) that's it's okay for now. I can't be the person I was before with one kid. I can't text all the time and talk on the phone. I can't swing by and come over real quick. I can't run to the store and buy valentine's gifts. I can't help you with your kids anymore (as much as I want too). I have to let go of the life of had before and realize that it will be awhile till I can be who I want to be again. For now I have to be confident that what I'm focusing on is the most important.  I'm thankful my little girl will sleep most days we are out...but that won't stay that way for long.

I just want to put it out there that I'm sorry if I don't text or send you a card. Sorry that I'm not all there. I really have no brain these days. But let me tell you something..I'm a GREAT MOM!! I'm feeling  amazing that I have two little people in this life to take care of. They are my focus and are still alive and that's because of me!! I'm so grateful this is my job however I don't get to come home from a long day and relax. It's never ending ongoing love I pour out on these two constantly.

Thankful for the grace God gives me in these times of being a mom. I need it from everyone and especially him. My time with him has dwindled and I am realizing how much I need him back in my daily routine. I need love as much as these babies do.

Pray for me as I am learning my new role and steps I need to take to get everyone where they need to be. Today was the first day I felt exhausted. Like I might fall over when I carry someone up those stairs. But that's when I realized that I need to go to God. He gives me strength and guidance.  And today he told me..I'm a great mom and that's all I need to be right now.

I love you all and am so happy to be holding my sweet Noelle while typing this. Everytime I'm tired or ready for a break I remember to thank God for feeling that way. It's what I always wanted😆

No comments:

Post a Comment