C&L

C&L

Friday, February 17, 2017

Why?

Why? Why? Why? All day long that's what I hear from Micah. I guess it's that time of his life when he want to know why everything is what it is and does what it does. At dinner I got the question "why is this meat?" And there are a lot more like those that I'm not quite sure how to answer. Sometimes I ask him the same thing..why? And do it multiple times, but he doesn't get annoyed. It's more of an enjoyable thing for him. I will try and enjoy this stage too.


I have to admit I have never been good at remembering birthdays but yesterday was my own mom's birthday and I didn't even say happy birthday till 915pm!! I'm such a horrible daughter. These nights and days get all mixed up. It was so nice to have her here and snuggle Noelle. I am so glad we got to spend a week with them. She's 57 and it's hard to believe. So I've decided to make it up to her I will post on here 57 things I love about my mom. Just because I'm forgetful doesn't mean I don't love them soooooo very much.
(Also I told Noelle last night she better not forget my birthday!) Lol

1. Love: her love for her family is unconditional. She shows love daily to all of us. I am so lucky to have a mom who showed me how to love my littles.
2. Perseverance: through thick and thin she has stuck it out for her family.
3. Strength: it may look a little different in the older years but she has been so strong to hold her family together and to keep her strong hold on Jesus. She always knows when to turn to the one who knows how to mend.
4. Beauty: she has always been a sister to our clan. A beautiful woman inside and out. Many people thought she was an older sister. I hope I am as lucky to be called that in my 40s!
5. Caring: sometimes almost too caring. Lol she cares so much she will go ahead and buy you those organic soaps. 
6: smiley: all my life I remember a mom who was smiling.
7. voice: beautiful singing voice that always made me strive to be better. She always would help me find my notes and was there when I would try out for competitions.
8. patience: with three girls in the house you have to have this and she was great at it.
9: selfless: she went to work just to put us in private Christian school. We all were and still are grateful for this!
10: understanding: she opened up to me as a young woman and told me stories that helped me through tough times.
11. Faith: life doesn't always go as planned but she is a woman of faith. She (and dad) started and lead me to know my heavenly Father and I'm the woman I am today because of their faith.
12. Leader: she showed me how to lead worship. I followed her example.
13. Nana: loves her grandkids as much as her own.
14. Listener: an amazing listener. She practically has to be with three girls!! Haha
15.  MOM: an amazing mom. One I will forever be grateful for. I can call and talk to for HOURS literally. We have talked for hours and didn't even realize it.

OK- so did you guys think I could really write 57 things with a newborn and a toddler? haha I have 57 in my head, but don't have the time to write them all down. I hope this video makes up for the rest. We love you NANA and are so happy God has given you to us. Happy 57!!



Nana we had a smoothie yesterday in your honor.

Micah loves his sister...



Love you all!!



No comments:

Post a Comment