C&L

C&L

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Thankful, grateful, blessed

What an emotional rollercoaster we've all been on this past weekend. We are so blessed to have our dad still with us today. He's healthier than ever and can look forward to many more years to hug him. I got a call on Saturday morning from my mom telling me dad had gone in for heart problems and they think his artery is blocked.  They found out he had a heart attack in the back part of his heart and his artery was 100 percent blocked. He was very fortunate he went in when he did.

We were all in shock and wanted to be there so bad. It's very hard to live far away when stuff like this happens. I decided to sleep over Rachel's house so we could be together. It felt like we needed each other to comfort since we couldn't be with him.

It's such a good reminder that every day is a gift and we don't have long to live here on earth. It's hard to think about losing one another but it's so nice to know we will be together again soon. So grateful my dad swallowed his pride and went in to the hospital. It might be the hardest part to realize you need help. I know when I was contemplating going in to the doctor it took me awhile to convince myself something was wrong and I wasn't going to heal on my own. Who knows what would have happened if he waited another day.

Today and everyday we are thankful and praise God for the breath we take. And I'm so happy my kids will be playing with their papa again soon. We love you dad and know HE isn't finished with you yet. ❤❤

No comments:

Post a Comment