C&L

C&L

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Lost Boy

I decided to make a separate post about our Fourth of July experience yesterday. We had an unusual, scary situation. FIRST OFF-- the beginning of the day was nice. We saw a little parade on our neighborhood street and they had a picnic with games and food afterward. I met a few families with young kids and two with baby girls.

I'm not sure why, but I got a medal for some reason. It was a pretty day.



Later that evening we went to a 4th of July Celebration in Richardson. They had food, park, bounce house, and live music. 


These pics were taken before I lost Micah. It was my fault. Probably the most scared I've ever been since being a mom. Craig had gone to get food and the line was pretty long. I took Micah to the potty and then needed to feed Noelle. I told him to stay by me and on the blanket... but that only lasted so long. I could see the park from where I was sitting so I let him go and told him to stay at the park. I could see him playing and looking back and making sure I was still there. I would wave to him and he would look back to see me every so often. I was about done feeding Noelle and put her in the stroller to head over to the park. Right when I got there I couldn't find him. It was not a big park. Very small...but a million kids. So I went around and around. I thought I was going crazy. I'm thinking.. He is hiding in a slide or something and I will see him soon. Starting to panic I circled around the park seeing if I could spot him around the outside area. I saw so many kids everywhere. I thought for sure he may have seen bubbles, or a ball and wondered off. I knew he couldn't be too far. He was JUST right there.  5 minutes felt like an eternity. I called Craig and he was still in line for food. I told him what happened and he said he would be there shortly. I almost starting balling on the phone, but I tried to hold it together. My heart was beating so fast and I couldn't catch my breath but kept circling around and around. Thinking he would go back to the blanket or come back to the park. Nothing. I asked people at the park if they had see a blonde boy. It was so much chaos I knew no one would be able to help me. I remembered seeing the police on bikes riding around and I starting looking for them. Poor Noelle was in the stroller being tossed and turned all sorts of ways. I spotted the police and ran for them with the stroller.

I told them I lost my son and I needed help. All the sudden a multitude of police officers and firefighters were there asking me questions. They told me a boy was at the information desk looking for his family. I asked him to check if he had white hair and they told me the boy didn't fit my description. Then another lady came up saying a little boy was lost and when she was bringing him down... it wasn't him either.

It was about 15 minutes (but felt like an hour) later. Finally Craig came down the hill and the officers said they got a call from the info desk they had a blonde boy named Micah. I couldn't believe my ears. I was so happy and relieved. I was just hoping there wasn't TWO micah's lost. The officers took me in their patrol vehicle up to where they were keeping him. The officer's were so kind to us. When I reached the top of the hill and the officer was holding Micah my heart sank and I felt like I could breath again. He had gotten so far away from me. I have no idea how he got that far. He told me he was looking for me. I held on to him tightly when they gave him to me and smelled his sweaty head. It was the best smell ever. I was still trying to take it all in. I didn't want to be mad at him. I just wanted him to know how happy I was to find him.

I know these experiences are great lessons. Everyone has lost their child (usually) at some point. You always think the worst things, but there are great people in the world today. Sometimes you have to hold on to that hope when these things happen. I joke around all the time asking if people would like a three year old and I feel like I learned my lesson. Even though he is a challenge some days, I want him to be my challenge and no one elses.  I hope this is the last time this happens. At least I know how fast it can happen now. It felt like a complete second before he had vanished.

Also a great lesson was for Micah to find out how wonderful Police and Firefighters are. He was able to ride with them and talk with them by himself. He told them his name and that he was lost. Thankful he is three and can talk and is very smart.

Love you all and thankful I have both my kids today safe at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment