C&L

C&L

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Purpose, Perseverance, Direction

PPD. That's my goal right now. Purpose, Perseverance and Direction. These three words came to me today while taking a shower because lately I have felt the struggle. The struggle of purpose in long days, keeping myself motivated and where I want to end up. The biggest thing right now is thinking about Craig. I can tell he's not too happy with his job. Don't get me wrong he's very grateful and thankful...but not happy. Finding it hard to see his purpose when he doesn't think he's doing what needs to get done. No one to teach him. I was thinking about him today. I want to encourage him and be here for him, but sometimes when he gets home from work I forget. I forget to ask him about his dreams and what I can pray for him about. I forget to love him and see him. All I see is kids and waiting for them to go to bed so I can take a break. Wow this stage of life is tough. It's so tough to give everyone in your family what they need. It is tough to see beyond what is visible. I'm all about telling the truth and laying it all out there. I never want anyone to think I have it perfect or even close to it because I don't (no one does). In my longing for purpose and direction I am feeling that right now it's to cheer on my husband. Maybe it's not about me. It's not about what I do, but how I react to what's being done. I want this to be my wake up call to make sure he knows I'm behind him. I know his dream is to a small business owner and I want to start talking about it more. Figuring out a game plan for us. Taking a leap or faith together. He is such a great provider and lives for his family, but he won't step out and take a crazy chance if it means putting his family at risk.
I pray that he finds purpose in the everyday, mundane work load. That he pushes himself till he figures out his direction and has fun while on the journey. I know the journey is a big part of the process. I am excited to see what this man accomplishes because he is so talented!

I'm writing this down so I don't forget it. I need to make sure to encourage and support his purpose and direction. God has given me that ability and I love to cheer him on. He has always supported me and loved me through some tough decisions.



We have really enjoyed being with our friends Devon and Jason. They invited us over for Superbowl Sunday and the kids loved playing together. I hope we continue our friendship. They are really great godly friends. Their two little boys are Caleb and Asher. And Noelle is over there about to get her pj's on! I swear she wasn't naked the whole time!!

 We also had a birthday party on Sunday. It was a crazy busy day. Micah and I got to get out by ourselves. It was the first time in forever it was just him and I. It was a great time.
 The birthday party was at a gymnastics place. He's not a gymnastics type of kid...but he tries.


It's so cold today. I know many of you are seeing snow, so I can't complain. Today I decided I want some spring weather. I'm ready for it!!

Micah went to school and Noelle is taking a nap! so much to do in this house, but I decided to sit down and write a little. I love having this outlet for myself. It's really nice. I appreciate you all reading and keeping up with us.


Love you all

No comments:

Post a Comment