C&L

C&L

Friday, February 2, 2018

Pink Eye

Tuesday Micah was diagnosed with Pink Eye. I wasn't sure it since he didn't have a fever and he seemed overall fine. It hasn't really bothered him except for having goopy eye. It took us back to the days we use to call him Mr. Goo because he had blocked tear ducts as a baby. Thankfully the doctor saw him right away and gave us the drops. He started doing much better the next day. He wasn't able to go to school on Wednesday which almost ruined my in home interview/shop along at Target. Craig was able to come home and help me out. I got paid 200 bucks for 2 hours of my time. Pretty awesome. I had a friend from my MOMS group watch Noelle for me. She is really the hardest right now. So it all worked out. I have made about 600 dollars from these focus group/marketing research places. I got called today to do another one. Craig is in two online groups right now. We are having fun with the extra income. Being able to go on more dates and not feel bad about our budget.

Thursday I stayed home all day so Micah could get a good day of rest. At night I got to go out with my friend Calie for girls night. I decided to try letting Craig put Noelle to bed with no breastmilk. I know she can do it now, but if I'm putting her to bed it would be a lot harder. He said she went to bed super easy and no fuss. It makes me so happy, but also so sad to let go of our nursing time together. HOWEVER, I felt so at ease last night. Finally leaving them at night, not having to put her to bed and able to drink a few mexican mules (my new fav drink) at the restaurant. We had a great night. I was so happy. I think I am ready for this stage. I'm ready to get out again and have some independence.


Here's Micah's little block castle he made and was proud of it. He didn't want Noelle to ruin it. We had to talk about it yesterday a bit, since he kept getting real upset at her for knocking it down. I finally told him we would leave him alone in his room to build it himself. He liked that for about 3 minutes before he told us to come back and Noelle could knock it down now. I'm telling you...he is NOT an independent player.

On our walk yesterday we saw a young woman in her 20s walking up to houses putting something on the doors. When she gave us one it was a little comic type picture talking about how God is right in front of us even though he seems so far sometimes. So I started talking to her and gave her my number because I found out she lives down the street. 
When we left her Micah made a comment about her delivering Godmail to everyone. I started laughing and thought...technically yeas she is.

I think Micah is really missing Christmas time. On the way to school this morning he asked if everyone was a grinch now because no one has lights on their house. I told him that Christmas is over and we have to wait for next year again to put lights up. He was very concerned that we couldn't watch Christmas movies anymore. I told him we can still watch them if he wants. Then he said he wanted to sing Christmas songs and started making one up the whole way to school. It was so cute. I think he just loved the excitement and joy of the season. It's so sad how January and February have nothing even close to what December holds. I really need to start thinking of a way to celebrate something after Christmas so we can be excited. I know Easter is coming up, but it's still far from Christmas time. 

I hope you all have a great weekend. We have chocolate chip banana bread baking in the oven right now!! YUM

No comments:

Post a Comment