C&L

C&L

Monday, February 12, 2018

Valentines

Micah keeps asking me when Valentines day is. I got him a few chocolates to surprise him on Friday and he thought it was for Valentines. I said he could have it early and he was telling me we needed to wait until the day. That's because we got his dad some of his favorite candy and I told him the same thing. He listens to me I guess. We have to send valentines with him to school on Wednesday. It will be interesting to see all the stuff he comes home with.

On Friday it was a crazy day. I have been so exhausted all weekend. Just trying to keep up with everything. Craig had a focus group and a shop along that he needed to take Noelle on. So I got most of the morning to myself. Went to target, worked out and even got some sushi (wasn't the best), got to talk to my mom too. It was a nice break. Then Micah didn't take a nap so they all went to bed early. The next day I got to go to breakfast with a friend and then ended up going to the gym again...(rock hard abs ya'll). Craig went and got a daybed for Micah. Now we will have an extra bed for when the Hooker's come to watch the kids. Micah cannot wait for Hannah and Zeke to come to his house. He has been asking me daily how many more naps till they come. That's a tough math equation. I may need to ask Auntie Tammi about that one. haha
While Noelle was napping Saturday Micah and I went to Target to get him some valentines. He loves this place. I love taking him too. First we got popcorn and then picked out some stuff. Then I was going to get starbucks, but the line was so long we decided on an icee. While we were sitting there eating it we saw the pictures on the wall. Micah said we had to take pictures and do what they were doing. So you can see our popcorn pic and the icee pic matches. He was such a sweet boy. I think he really appreciates alone time.






Saturday night we took a risk and went out to eat with the kids. We were ready for another date night so this had to due. We went to Abuelos Mexican Restaurant. The kids did awesome and I love when we are surprised with the outcome of a dinner out. Noelle found a new love for beans and Micah found out he could order desserts on the kiosk at the table. So we had to cancel the cheesecake...lol





Sunday we tried out a different church with some friends. It was nice to try something new and in our  city. Still about 15 minute drive. After church we went to Smashburger and again the kids did great. Noelle can really push herself these days. She just keeps going and is happy if you give her food (especially sweet potato fries). 

 This was Micah's walrus look he did with the fries.



We are still doing good with our diet and eating small portions, but we do need to have our burgers, and pizza every now and then. Craig is at the lowest weight he's been since college. I'm really proud of him. I have lost about 7 pounds, but feel better than that. I know it's going to take a lot for me to lose much more than this. It will be a very strict diet. However, I like where I'm going and feel like it may take me even after the cruise at this point. I hope I can keep on track. It's not going to be easy with a boat full of never ending food and drink though. Wow... I'm so excited. I can't believe it's coming up so fast.

Today we did the jump place again with our friends. Samuel and Micah just love it here. They take off and go where ever they want and they have a blast. We love how much fun they have WITHOUT us. It's like they can finally play without mom for once. Those first born kids have such a hard time playing independently.

 She is so independent I can't stand it. She just goes anywhere and doesn't even look to see if I'm there. Girl...slow your roll. YOU need me, don't deny it!







Latest Micah quotes/questions:

"Momma, can I have a pet like a dog, cat or penguin?"

"Jesus is in our hearts, how does he live there?"

"If I am naughty Jesus still loves me, right momma?"

Lots of good questions. I had to tell him today that a police officer got really hurt my some naughty people. He actually passed away and we have blue ribbons around all the trees here in Richardson. I didn't want to tell him that he died. I told him God still loves the naughty people, but if we love God than we have to love and respect him. Treat others how we want to be treated." He even told me that Jesus can make our hearts clean again. I love hearing these intense and inquisitive questions from him. I just pray that my answers are easy and understandable. I need to go to a class on how to teach a 3 year old about salvation. He understands more than I think he does. So I want to give him a big picture and let him soak it all in.

Hope you are all enjoying the cold/snowy weather. I am ready for some Spring up in here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment