C&L

C&L

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Audition

The last few days I have been feeling more normal. Still getting lightheaded, but not constantly all day. Some days I still feel like I'm in a cloud. Today I am going to the church to FINALLY audition for the worship team at the new Richardson campus. It has taken almost a month to get in contact and get a date set to sing for this guy. I know it's a big church but sheesh. Really doesn't make you feel good when they don't have time for you. I know it's all worth it in the long run and hopefully I can be on a start up band that has a strong bond together. I've got a lot of new "starts" coming up for me this fall. Becoming a leader at MOMS, leading worship (hopefully) and helping with production at the new campus. Craig has accepted to be the team lead for production. May be a huge step for us. It's really always been me who has stepped in a role at church because I could. I'm really excited for Craig to be involved from the start. He is such a vital role in this campus and it will be a lot of sacrifice for both of us, but we are willing and ready to serve. Doing this together will not only grow our love for God and his people, but for one another.




So for the past few months I've been trying my best to write down Micah's quotes or funny things he says to me. I think I've posted many of them on here but I thought I would write them all in this post today to give you some laughs....


"Momma I just want to watch a little apple sode" (referring to an episode of netflix)

"You are my best friend in all, love you" (to his sister in the morning)

"I DON'T WANT DINNER.....I WANT LUNCH" (having a meltdown when it's dinner time)

((playing with his handcuffs)) "I'm a bad guy, I came from Florida." (ummm???)

"She said she wants to call her baby birthday ass." (what he thinks sister said)

When I told Micah my head still hurts one morning laying in bed. He was next to me and said, "Momma maybe Jesus is blessing you. Sometimes blessings can hurt."

When I asked him his full name today...."Micah Joy Hooker" haha He took his sisters middle name.


I know I've posted these quotes before, but I thought I would write them all down in one spot right now. Also I've been listening to my favorite pastor from The Bridge Community Church on his podcast. He posted his sermons and you can click here to listen to them. And if you have time listen to them all!! He is an amazing speaker and is so real to life. I have also made a compilation of his quotes from sermons that I have taken with me and try to remember.

Know your intent before giving the content

Don't let the immediate come before the important ((as a mom I love this one))

ASSumptions make discontentment

We can miss what is because we are stuck in what was

Grace doesn't erase but it can displace

-------------------------------------------------

I'm sure one of these can help you out today. If you have time to listen to his podcast...please do!! I am so grateful he is such an inspiring preacher and friend because I love listening to him and gives me so much to ponder and pray about.


I hope you all are having a wonderful week and can't wait to update you all soon on the auditions!!




He got a big boo boo on his forehead





Oh YES and this!!!! I'm playing volleyball Thurs. nights with my friend Camille and it's amazing. We won our first game last week and I can't wait to play again this week!!!




And these sweet kiddos started kinder last week!! I can't believe they are so grown up already!
Liam/Riley









No comments:

Post a Comment