C&L

C&L

Wednesday, August 29, 2018

RETIRED

CONGRATS to my dad who is not only selling his house, but also retiring this week! He has been at UPS for 23 years and is finally ready to move one with his life. Moving to the Southeast region of the U.S by the water where he can enjoy his beautiful wife and God's creation outdoors. I'm so incredibly happy for you both and what you have accomplished. What an exciting time. So much newness and also being able to travel and be with grandkids. (FYI We are booking our next vacation now) Thinking about retirement seems so far away, but it's such a great feeling. I know they will both find lots of hobbies and things to keep them busy. They are invested in their eternal home and know this life is short. We know God still has amazing plans for you both! We love you and are so thrilled for your next steps!!

We were supposed to have our Campus Pastor and his wife over for dinner tonight, but he had to do something unexpectedly. We decided to make plans with them on a Saturday since the weekdays are so tough. I'm kind of glad it happened because I reached out to my neighbors and invited them over. They are a sweet older couple who are actually both retired. So now I have something to talk about! Glad things happen for a reason and I hope we can be a blessing tonight. Praying my kids don't act up and are a blessing as well!

Micah is meeting his new teacher on Thursday morning, Mrs. West. He keeps talking about his old teacher Mrs. Parker and how he wants to see her again and all his classmates. I am not sure he will see any of them this year, which makes me a little sad. He doesn't seem too worried yet. I'm hoping he connects with some kids on Thursday. Honestly, I really wish he was going to school more than two days this year. I feel like he needs way more school than home....but soon he will be gone all the time and I will miss these days. I'm still over here debating 5 year kinder or 6. I know my decision will come when it's right. Trying not to stress over it yet.  When I asked Micah when he wanted to go...5 or 6... he responded with "5!"

This girl keeps getting cuter. I love her smile and how much she enjoys book now. She LOVES flap books. It's the only thing she will read right now. She just opens the flaps and turns the page. It goes along with her personality of a busy body. She don't have time to read...



I think we may be going to a pool party today. Since all the pools are closed now it will be nice to go to someones house and be refreshed since it's still smoldering outside!!

Love you all



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your sweet encouragement and prayers for us! We LOVE you all!Hugs all around from Nana and Papa!

    ReplyDelete