C&L

C&L

Monday, December 15, 2014

Christmas cookies

It's that time of year. I made some cookies and banana bread in mason jars this year. When M wakes up we are going to deliver some to our lifegroup friends and then the neighbors later on. Everything turned out pretty good. I didn't go all out like I did last year, but it was still a ton of work and a little stressful. A lot harder when you have a little one needing attention all day. It took me all day on Saturday to get this done but today I am happy to deliver. I just love giving a little something to those who are important in my life.. and maybe some surprises to the neighbors. I just hope they know we don't want anything in return. It's true..it's better to Give than Receive. 





This Sunday at life group we were talking about being a servant and humbling ourselves like Jesus did when he walked the earth. He could have made it known that he was the ruler and King of the Jews but instead he humbled himself and became a servant to those around him. It's crazy to think the Son of God wanted to serve people like ME and YOU. Makes you really think about your intentions in daily life. Are you doing things for yourself or others? When you have a baby you obviously are not thinking about yourself anymore and get a glimpse of what life was like for Jesus.

I just love Christmas. Today it's 65 degrees out...so doesn't feel like Christmas but it is a nice day to get out and deliver the goodies.

Looks like we may be caroling on Christmas Eve with our lifegroup this year. This will be my first time doing something like this.

Fun stuff!!

Love you all


No comments:

Post a Comment