C&L

C&L

Friday, December 12, 2014

Complete Control

Hello All...
Christmas is approaching fast and I can't believe it. This past Sunday our pastor Jeff Jones spoke about the EXTRAS in the Christmas story. He focused on Cesar Augustus.  It is crazy to think how important of a role he played in the birth of Christ. Mary was 9 months pregnant which most of us know is fun and exciting as long as your not going to travel on a donkey for almost a hundred miles or so. What is amazing to me is how we plan our labor and delivery these days and are so consumed with having drugs or no drugs, midwife or doctor, and in the end God is always in control more than we are. Cesar Augustus issued a decree to have everyone register in their hometowns and if he did not disrupt Mary's birth plan then Jesus would have never been born in a barn and slept in a manger. What probably seemed like a disruption to Mary and ruined all her plans was exactly what God had wanted for her little baby's birth.
What if we thought about that for everything that doesn't go OUR way in life? I can't imagine taking a trip on a donkey for 70 plus miles while I was 9 months pregnant. Sometimes I think ..wow God you really made Mary work to have the Son of God... haha it was definitely worth it!!! All babies are worth the pain.
My friend just had her baby last night and she is a Labor and Delivery nurse. I mean she probably had every situation played out in her head and I'm sure nothing went as planned. It's OK though because little baby Ben is here and beautiful as ever and I am reminded that God is in control.

Also the same night (Sunday) was Micah's dedication. Pastor Jones talked about those of us who "take control" which was ironic since that night I did just that. At the dedication the husbands were supposed to introduce everyone at their table and then give the mic back to the pastor. I had other plans though. I wrote out a simple but meaningful speech to explain each individual that came to the dedication. I thought people should understand why our family couldn't make it and why the people that came mean something to our family and how we met. So I talked for a little bit and then handed the mic over to Craig and he read Micah 6:8 and how we hope that will be a bible verse for our son's life. Anyways, I realize that I love to plan things out (especially if you were at my wedding) I think I had every 10 minutes planned. It can be a blessing and a curse. I also think it's the performer in me as well.  The dedication was amazing. The pastor loved what we said and I felt good about it.  Sometimes I think Craig is annoyed that I make him think about this stuff...but in the end happy we did it. I have to remember that I can only plan so much and so far in advance. I don't want to be consumed with that "I" want because I need to make sure I am following God's plan for me and my family.

Leaving Chicago while I was 6 months pregnant and coming to Texas almost felt like I was not in control of the future. God has proved to me anywhere we go he will follow and that's the best thing. Yes, I wish I could be with my family, but God has given us so much here in good old PLANO that I feel so blessed. I am reminded that I'm sure Mary was discouraged leaving family behind while she was about to give birth for the first time. It's nice to remember and connect with women from the bible. They really show us how to follow Christ and be faithful even through the toughest circumstances.

I don't have any new pictures today. crazy right? I will get some soon!! Love my little man so much. He is definitely talking away now. Talking my ear off! Not sure if I should pray for a little girl because we all might be in trouble. haha

Love you all

LIZ

No comments:

Post a Comment