C&L

C&L

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Weekend adventures

Happy Tuesday! 

Hope your new year is still feeling new. I have only had to write 2015 a couple times, but still not used to it yet. This weekend we were pretty busy. On Saturday we had a gender reveal party in Grapevine for Craig's co-worker at AT&T. She took Micah's newborn photos and has been very sweet to us. This party reminded me of my reveal or as we called it the "Big Reveal" party.  So much fun!! She had a big balloon filled with confetti and as you can see in the second picture... It's a girl!! They said the first ultrasound at 12 weeks said boy and then at 20 weeks it changed to girl. That's why you should wait until 20 weeks!! I had guessed it was a girl because well.. I just have intuition. haha. 
She's only 23 weeks in this picture. 

 This was a sweet photo I caught just after they found out it was a little girl :)
 Funny part about this photo is right after we took it Callie showed the rock candy to Micah and he almost started to cry. It was really funny. He must of thought it was scary or something. He's been doing that more often now. When he gets tired he starts to easily get sad and give the frown face and act like he is starting to cry. It's a good sign to me that he's tired, but I'm not used to seeing him cry.


On Sunday we went to the Dallas Convention Center. Craig got free tickets from work to go to the National Championship convention before the game on Monday. It was Ohio verses Oregon so we really didn't care but it was nice to get out and go somewhere fun to walk around. The NBC station was holding a dance cam contest and Micah and I signed up and they taped us dancing but today I saw on their website they must have messed it up. BOO I wanted to show all of you. I knew it was too good to be true. It says Liz from Plano on the video and it's a little boy dancing. I emailed them to see if they could fix it...but I'm guessing it won't happen. It would have been a cute video. OH well.  here are a couple photo's from the convention.








Micah just loves "people watching" he could do it all day. And I have to say people love to watch him as well. Everyone always comes up to him and talks to him. He is a big big flirt. I don't mind because I get to talk to people because of it : )

This morning I got to listen to my old Pastor at the Bridge sermon about "What Christians Believe." It was good for me because I could play it on my computer and Micah and I both watched/listened to it. I think I need to do more practical things like that because having quiet time with God is really hard for me. I'm better at listening and thinking about things afterwards. Anyways, Pastor Scott talked about how the God we believe in is the only one who has unconditional love for us. No matter what we do or say or how bad we mess up he still loves us. He also talked about how other religions have to earn their god's favor.
With all the terrorist threats and killings it makes sense if they actually truly believe it will help them get into their god's favor. It's definitely extreme and I could never understand it myself.. but if they think the only way for them to get "good" with their god is to do those things .. I guess that's why they are doing it. Honestly, I was afraid yesterday of going out to a public place because of this thought people have of killing is helping them. So scary.
Think about that for a minute. How different religions can be? We truly cannot all believe in the one true God if we are acting this way. The problems of this world is rejecting God and his goodness.

I am so happy to have a God that loves me no matter what I do or don't do.  In Pastor Scott's sermon he brought up the story of the prodigal son. How he went off and spent all his money on destructive things and came back to his father only to find him with his arms open wide to love on his son even more. It's easier to comprehend these things (I think) when you have a child and you realize the love you have is unconditional.  Our Father is one who will love us unconditionally and I am so grateful of this.

My plan to cut out social media and TV is slowly coming along. I find myself still stuck on these things.. but trying to keep an open mind to reading the bible on my phone or listening to sermons on social media. This way I can do it in a practical way for me.  I was told everyone has a different way of experiencing God and you have to find what works for you.  I wish I could sit down and read the bible and have quiet time... but it's not easy for me. I hope to get there one day.

Also, I have lost about 4 pounds so far :) Feeling really good and hoping to find a mommy and me class to join soon to boost my cardio.

Love you all so much and can't wait to see family at the end of February!!!

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment