C&L

C&L

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Thursday morning catch up

We made it! We made it through two big events yesterday. Bible Study in the morning and Micah's 15 month appointment at 2:30 p.m.  Let me start out by saying Tuesday was an exhausting but OH so fun day. I went over my sisters house early in the day and we were able to go to the park and take a run with the strollers. I didn't make it very far before I needed to walk a bit. It was like 90 degrees and the hills were about to kill me. Pushing a stroller and running is so much harder than by myself. I'm curious to see how well I do on Saturday at this 5k. I'm going to run tonight after Craig gets home and see how well I do. Anyways, Micah had so much fun playing with his cousins...especially Riley. He's at that perfect age where she can play with him and it's the cutest thing I've ever seen. Here's a little video... but seriously they had so many cute moments together I wish I could have captured them all.





Swinging at the park.



 At one point he was trying to snuggle with Riley. He would hug her all the time and want to be near her. I am so happy he will be able to have a few years or maybe more being by some of his cousins. It makes my heart happy.



We made bible study on time yesterday, but Micah still had a hard time saying goodbye when I put him in the nursery. Good thing later that day at his appointment my doctor said it's totally normal for them to be attached at this age. She said the best thing to do is keep going to the nursery and it will get better. It's definitely not easy to leave him crying but now at least I know it's actually good for him and normal for his age. There were so many moms with kids Micah's age in the bible study. I am really excited to get to know some of them. We went around the room and told everyone our names and about our families. Of course I tried to make everyone laugh and said I have been a Hooker for almost 6 years... I think after 6 years of marriage I'm getting really good at being a Hooker... gosh that sounds really bad. After we introduced ourselves we went around and talked about prayer requests. I was getting myself ready and thought maybe I wouldn't cry. In my mind sometimes I think I'm stronger than I really am. It came around to me and I told everyone my story. How I'm still struggling with why it happened to me and hoping I can have more babies. It kept going around to the next person and I was happy I let it out (even though there were 30 women staring at me who I had never met before) one woman spoke directly to me and said she had an ectopic an now had a little 4 month old girl... and another woman said she had just had one and needed to go get tests (like I do) to make sure her tubes are working. Neither of them had a rupture like mine but could relate. The mom next to me that had skipped her turn before mine asked to speak after everyone was done. She said how she recently went through 2 miscarriages within the year and was praying she could conceive as well. I was a little shocked that she spoke up and said it, but I realized that I may have played a part in her sharing. I feel like I'm called to be outspoken and let my tears out for everyone to see. I'm not ashamed of it. I'm sad and hurting, but as I knew I would find out.. so were many of them. Just like me. 

After I picked M up from nursery I tried to get home as soon as I could. He went to sleep around 12:15 p.m. and then I had to wake him up at 1:45 p.m. to go to his doc appointment. Everything went well. He got a vaccine shot and a flu shot. He slept till about 6:15 p.m. and then we headed over to Leslie's house for dinner. He did well for a bit but then started to have a meltdown. Craig took him home and said he let out some gas and seemed to feel better. Needless so say he slept form 8:40 p.m. until 8:40 a.m. this morning. hahah We were both exhausted from the past two days. Now we are taking it easy (I'm making myself stay home)LOL 
Also...M is only 22 pounds. He is really slowing down now. Just getting taller everyday.

Love to you all

No comments:

Post a Comment