C&L

C&L

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Christmas Vacation

What day is it? I don't know what today is or what week I'm in or where I'm at. Well...I guess we are home now from a week in Chicago. It was such a blessing to be with family for Christmas. And just as I suspected Micah was in love with every second he had with his family.
Too bad Christmas was on a Friday. We waited all week for that day to come and then it went by so fast we barely got to play with any presents. I have a lot of photos from the trip and excited to experience it all over again.
On the plane. Got Micah's blue eye in the photo
 Grandma & M
 Hannah and Zeke with the Star Wars Christmas Tree
 Love these two!
 M & Grandpa
 So small compared to the tree
 Horses!
 We went to visit Uncle Mark at his high rise apartment in Chicago! Very cool
 So cute
 All Aboard restaurant was probably M's favorite. Trains, Trains, Trains.
So, I had to add this photo. This was me on Christmas Eve. I got the stomach bug and was in bed ALL day. So sad I had to miss a big family get together. This is real life right here everybody!!lol
 Christmas Day I was back at taking photos.



 Zee gave M his hat and I think he looks like a little Justin Timberlake here. He probably will be famous one day.

 Look at this table.. and food. GORG just Gorg.



 After eating...all Micah wanted to do was take a bath. So I let him sit in the bathtub and play with no water. 


After this I started taking photos with Craig's phone. So this is where it stops for me. I will hopefully add more of him opening presents. He did a really great job of opening. After 30 minutes he decided he wanted to play in Hannah's room and didn't come out. 
Some highlights: Micah got a zoo membership. I'm so excited for us to be at the zoo all year. Yesterday it was high 60's and I was mad I didn't go. haha. Also, Kim put together a cookbook of all the Schaver recipes they compiled. I have been having so much fun this week making all different meals. It's like pinterest except you know people just like you made it and it turned out good. No fails so far. I'm three for three. Shout out to Bobbi ... I have done two of yours and they were great (I had no doubts).

Our last day home we spent with my parents. I kept telling myself to get a photo of all of us...but it's hard when a little one has way too much energy and is moving nonstop. Micah got to play with an awesome car racing set and we had lasagna for dinner. Everything was really good.



Oh yes.. and my mom got her favorite game Hang On Harvey for Christmas. She played it as a child and we all got to play a few rounds. It's a great game for kids and definitely brings a lot of laughs.



It's Wednesday now and I'm trying to get my life back to normal. I can't believe how lucky we were to fly out right before all the crazy weather happened. No one is going anywhere this week at the airport. I feel so lucky we got out when we did (even though I would have loved to stay).


Micah is 19 months old now. Do you believe it? I don't. He just keeps saying more words everyday. He is really smart. Favorite words right now are: "Ew" "Oh, No" "Ow" Very simple words. I hear them all day long! I miss him saying Woah. haha That one was way better than ew. I'm nervous he may offend someone when we are out because he likes to point at anything and say, "Ew." haha

This Friday we are having my sisters over and trying to do Christmas. Please pray everyone stays healthy. Caleb and Riley already have a cold, so hopefully they feel better soon. I am making Schaver style Lasagna. Hope I do it right. 

Love you all so much! 


No comments:

Post a Comment