C&L

C&L

Monday, January 11, 2016

Playing catch up

Wow time flies when you have so much going on. I haven't had a minute to sit at my computer and type out my life. Since our Christmas celebration with the Tierney's and Groenendal's on New Years day it's been hectic. We had a great time over at my house and celebrated with Schaver style Lasagna, bread, salad and everyone at one table. This table is from my my and dad and I love that I can make it big or little. I can't believe we fit everyone. It was so nice to sit and have dinner together.



Opening Presents.






 Afterwards Rachel and the boys stayed the weekend and we had a good time playing all together. On Sunday Rachel and Liam left and I got to keep Caleb for two nights. Micah really enjoyed the company and I even went to Champion kids with both of them and survived!! Caleb had a good time and he listened very well.



Caleb said he wanted to wear these jamamas. (pajamas)





This was on Sunday we took the kids to Moxie Burger. It's so kid friendly. They all loved it.





On Tuesday we had a visit from Leslie and baby Nolan and Caleb was excited to play with a little one. They are so sweet all together.


That night I met Rachel by her work and we all had dinner and then Caleb went home. 

Wednesday I had my first Zumba class at church. It was a lot of fun and I was so excited to go. Micah just walked in the nursery like nothing and didn't even cry. Here's the problem. I got to my classroom and (not to be mean) but there were 5 other women all Asian and they didn't speak English very well. I was the only one having a good time doing the class. I was trying to stay positive and planned on talking to the instructor afterwards about other classes or maybe see if she had kids. She told me this was a small class compared to others and then went on to say she was hoping to get engaged soon (when I asked if she had kids). So then I was feeling let down. I felt like I was so unlucky. How could I chose a class with no moms??? I saw a bunch of moms dropping their kids off. 
So when I picked up Micah I spotted a girl who looked my age with a similar aged little boy. I creeped up on her and stopped her to ask her what class she just took. So she told me it was called HIIT class. Some type of High Intensity Interval Training. She said there was tons of moms and the leader had three young kids of her own. OK>>> so now I knew what I had to do. Even though I would rather do zumba, my main goal was to meet other moms. So this week I will be joining the HIIT class and am really excited because I already know one mom and she was so nice. 

Also, lots going on this week. Tomorrow I am trying out a new bible study another neighbor recommended and then Wednesday night Craig and I signed up for a couples bible study. I am so excited about it because I already have read most of the book. It's called You and Me Forever by Francis Chan. We start this Wednesday night at 6 p.m. Wow.  Lots to look forward to in the new year!!


Here are some more pics of these cute boys playing together. 




Last Wednesday I got to watch Noly while Leslie and Jeremy did some new house meeting. Two days later Noly started crawling!! I can't believe he's on the move now~
 Yes and Micah likes to sit on everyone's lap, even smaller people.


Ok ... I have been all over the place with this post. That's because it's hard to remember everything from 2 weeks. 
An amazing thing happened on Saturday. Craig and I got to see a movie. We haven't been to  a movie since before Micah was born. Leslie offered a date night for us and I decided to grab one before they move. I was so grateful to get out for a bit and we saw the comedy "Daddys Home." Of course it has Will Ferrell in it. We love him. We had some good laughs and I enjoyed myself so much. My neighbors are the best!! 
Sunday we all went to church. Craig has taught M to smile by saying "Show your teeth" so I tried it the other day and got this...


Never mind saying "smile" haha he does it better saying, "show your teeth." Also he is wearing my necklace. haha I don't usually put him in necklaces...just so you know.

Last night we went to Costco and Micah did so great. Sometimes your experiences can be bad or good depending on your toddler. Needless to say it was amazing!! Then we picked up a pizza from their bakery and headed home. They have the best pizza. Seriously. 18 inches for 10 bucks and as many toppings. You really can't beat it. And it's FRESH!! mmmm.. 

Ok well. I have  a lot going on this week and hopefully I can post before another 2 weeks goes by.

Praying for many people in my family this week. Especially my second mom -KIM. I love you so much and am praying for you during this week and for your surgery on Friday. God has great plans in store for you. We love you 


No comments:

Post a Comment