C&L

C&L

Monday, June 6, 2016

Babies!!

We got to celebrate the newest addition coming soon to our neighborhood on Saturday. I alone with two other neighbors hosted the shower for Lindsay. She is having a little boy at the end of July. I feel like she just told me she was pregnant yesterday. She is a crazy workout prego person. She is still walking with me in the mornings and even goes to Orange Theory. I went to a class with her and almost died the next day from being sore. haha I think I pushed myself a little too hard. When your working out next to a 8 month pregnant person you feel the need to push yourself a little more. LOL


Here are all the girls. Left to right. Natalie, Lindsay, Maggie, Kristi, Betsy, Leslie, and me. Everyone is a neighbor except Leslie, but she's still in our neighborhood group since she just moved. She is still part of us! Lindsay's mom came too and took this pic for us.

This is the banner I made. I tried to make it myself and not go through Etsy this time.

Here's the diaper cake I made. It's a little hard to see, but love the elephant on top. His name is Lil Benny.

We played the game where you melt a chocolate bar in a diaper and smell it to figure out what it is. I pretty much was super grossed out and couldn't deal with it. hah

We had some fun little apps. Lindsay's favs. Hummus, spinach artichoke dip, naan bread, crackers, fruit skewers, brie and jalapeƱo pepper jelly. And yes...baby punch.


 


It was a great time. I really enjoyed being with everyone. Afterwards we went to the pool and had a cookout. I just can't believe how lucky I am to have all these great people in walking distance! It's amazing.  Also, I can't wait to hold this little baby!! So excited.


Micah and I went to the park the other day and I put him in one of his outfits we got for our vacations. He looks like a little surfer boy. Blonde hair blue eyes. Oh my. What a heart breaker.




So this morning we had our first 2 year old meltdown. It was pretty funny. After breakfast M decided he wanted a popsicle. I mean he just thought of it himself. I didn't even open the fridge. He took my hand and lead me to the fridge and asked me for a popsicle. I wouldn't have minded but it was raining outside and we had no where to eat it. I told him we would have one later and he cried for about 7 or 8 minutes straight. I was laughing a bit, but it was a real cry. He had tears and everything. He loves popsicles now. Maybe too much.

We are getting so excited of our vacation in TN this weekend. It's lovely to have so much to look forward too. I'm so excited for M to see the Hooker's and play with Hannah and Zeke. It's going to be amazing to all be in one house and see each other all the time!!

So I have a quick funny story.  A few weeks ago our pastor was talking about Gomer and her husband  who loved her even though she was a Hooker. And that's the word he used. So I thought this was a great opportunity to introduce myself to the pastor after church. Well...I tried to make a joke and tell him I was grateful he spoke about hooker's today because I am one of them. The next thing I said was I married into it and it's my last name. I didn't get a laugh or anything. He kinda just starred at me and asked me about my family..... Ok so I told Craig about it and I said I don't think this pastor thought I was very funny. Sometimes I come off too strong. 
On Saturday, my friend Betsy who invited me to church told me that the pastor asked her about her friend, "The Hooker." She explained to him that Hooker was my last name and I guess he never heard that part. He was so much in shock that I said I was a hooker he totally blocked out everything else. He told her many of the deacons even prayed for me that week. OH MY Goodness!! I really hope I can talk to him again soon and see if we can laugh about all of this. haha whoops.

I want to throw a shout out to my parents celebrating 36 years of marriage today!! Can't believe it. So glad Craig and I have great examples of marriage and even when times get tough to stick it out and love one another even more. Being selfish cannot be involved in a lasting marriage. Living for our number one -God and loving our spouse the way he loves us is the only way to get it. I pray everyday we can love one another through anything that comes our way! Happy Anniversary MOM and DAD! We love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment