C&L

C&L

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Tragedy in the neighborhood

I woke up this morning feeling a little bit better. Getting ready and excited to take Micah to the zoo and get out of the house for a little bit. Right as I was about to put M in the car I clicked on Facebook and found out some heartbreaking news. My neighbors husband had passed away unexpectedly from two blot clots in his lungs. At first I was in shock thinking it was a joke because I just couldn't make it real in my head. All the sudden. I broke down. I didn't know what to do. I felt the wind knocked out of me and couldn't catch my breath. I see him walking down the street in our neighborhood almost daily with their little 3 year old Isabella. I was just at the pool with him the other day letting our kids play together. I wasn't very close to him, but a family torn apart with a little one breaks my heart. Maggie is a sweet woman who has been so kind to me. We go over their house all the time. It's just so sad.
I grabbed Micah and ran to her house hoping I could just hug her and never let her go. Just give her some comfort. She wasn't there.
My sister called me and I just started crying so hard over the phone. I am an emotional wreck. No one ever plans for this sort of thing to happen. She had just caught me at a bad time where I couldn't control my feelings.

Micah kept saying, "it's OK mom." And gave me a kiss on my chest. He was so confused why I was crying and I really couldn't make him understand.

We still got to go to the zoo and have fun with Liam, Caleb and Riley with Hannah. I felt very distant and tried to make the best of the situation.  Some pictures from today are attached!

I got in the car and just kept thinking of Maggie's reality. It's so hard not to think of the future and life from now on. I put Micah down for a nap and again went to see if I could hug her. She wasn't home so I finally texted her. She is having people over tonight to visit and I will be going with M. Please pray for her and her family. Pray she has a peace that her husband is with Jesus. Pray that I can be a good Neighbor and be there for her. Pray I have the right words to comfort her and know when to be silent.  Pray that Isabella will not grow up with hate and resentment towards God.  That she also can overcome this in her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment