C&L

C&L

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

fighting sleep

We are still struggling over here to take naps. Doctor said it's normal for her to be off schedule after going on a trip out of town. She is reluctant to take naps during the day, but goes to sleep fine at night now. Probably because she is exhausted from the day. I'm still trying to not stress about it, but the day seems extremely long when naps only last 30-40 minutes. I seriously can't get anything done. And I mean ANYTHING. And here I am again, just put her down 20 minutes ago and she is already crying. I am really not enjoying this time. She is so much happier when she sleeps, and I know how important sleep is.

Today is so cold out. I really want to get out and do something with the kids, but no where to go and nothing to do. I think some schools even closed today. I really don't even know why. Micah has been so sweet to Noelle lately. He realizes she is going to be his pal now and he tries to play with her. He tells her how much he loves her and gives her eskimo kisses.

Yesterday we were playing with some legos and the barn animals. He was being one of the horses and acting mean to the other animals. He said, "the horses don't have Jesus in their heart so they are being naughty." I was a little taken back and said well that's probably true. It's hard to be nice to others when you don't know how much Jesus loves you. So we decided to take the horses to church and tell them about Jesus. It was one of those moments as a mom when you realize he is learning and understands a lot more than you think.


On Friday we had a few friends over from Lifegroup and their kids. Craig was going on an overnight trip with the guys from Lifegroup so I thought I could have the girls over. Micah had so much fun with all the kids. The next morning he asked if all his friends were coming over again. I think he could have friends over every day all day. He is such a social butterfly. His best friends Jackson and Logan came over too. They all ate together at the table and I got to snap a pic of them all!!



Noelle is starting to eat more solids. She is a salty fan. She loves turkey sausage, and ham. I am always surprised how much she eats of it. She has a hard time telling me what she wants and is still throwing lots of food. She seems to like the spoon and giving her pureed food that way. She also wants whatever I am eating still. So I try not to eat in front of her unless it's at the dinner table. I only have a few months left before she needs to be completely weaned and I know it's going to be here fast. She is still so clingy to me, but seems like if we are out and with others she is more likely to forget about the milk. If I'm not around I'm sure she wouldn't cry for it like she does right now. 

Pray for her to get back on a normal schedule and for me not to go too crazy at home all day with these kiddos. I had to take them both for a car ride yesterday at 4 p.m. because I was not in the mood to go another 3 hours with crabby patty. So she took a 30 minute nap in the car while Micah and I got some Dunkin Donuts. He had some donuts before dinner, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to survive and be sane.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment