C&L

C&L

Friday, January 5, 2018

Home for the Holidays

We got home yesterday and happy to say everything is right where we left it. No burglaries, or stolen TV's and our pipes didn't burst. So we are happy to be back in our beds. Missing all our family already.  I think I heard the word, "MOMMA!" about a hundred BILLION times already and it's only 2 p.m. Micah is excited to be home. I can tell he is so comfortable here and in his zone, but he wants me to see every little move he makes. I don't know why, but it's driving me a bit crazy already. "Look mamma... look at this, look what I did, come chase me." sheeez. I forgot what's it's like to be alone. I looked at Noelle today and said, "Say momma." Then...I thought more about that and decided she can keep quiet as long as she wants...LOL I have enough of my name said today for 4 kids.

I know I shared a few pics from before. I hope ya'll are ready for some more! I am so happy we got to spend so much time in Illinois. We didn't leave anyone out. We saw as many people as we could. Of course it was still hard to leave.  We were all wiped yesterday from the long vacation and plane trip. Both kids went to bed at 7 p.m. and Noelle finally slept all night. She was having a rough time the last few nights. I think she knew I was sleeping in the same room as her. She probably has a good sense of smell like her mom.

I will start with our week at the Hooker's. Lots of Christmas parties to go too and Birthdays to celebrate. Noelle turned ONE on the 23rd and it was so fun to be with everyone and watch her eat her smash cake. She really enjoyed that thing and I was glad it was white.

One of our first nights we took Kim and Gary to Texas De Brazil. A Brazilian restaurant with all your can eat MEAT!! It was downtown and so pretty out.


Kim and I got out nails done and then had a starbucks run. It was a fun girl day without the kids.
At the Schaver Christmas party Tammi did a Cocoa Bar. It was so delicious and creative.
 Miss Noelle was hiding from people at first and decided daddy's legs were a good place.
 Mark and Blair.
 Auntie Tammi. 
 My sweet girl and I
 Playing Bingo and every time someone called out a number Micah would repeat it. And yes it was a long game... haha. It was really cute though.
 Grandma Schaver held Noelle for the game. She just sat in her lap and I was amazed.


Then we have the Hooker party. This was also Noelle's birthday and we celebrated it at the Christmas party with balloons and cake!!












 YUMM

Christmas EVE we woke up to snow!!! It was so beautiful and such a lovely welcome to Christmas.







Christmas day was a bit more relaxed. Tammi and I went to church with Gary and the kids stayed back to get some rest before Christmas Fondue and presents.










The next day we went downtown to the WinterWonderland. Micah had so much fun. He was the perfect age for lots of rides. I was so glad he could do most of them.




 Here we are with our jammies Tammi made for us all. We all had our name on are shirts with Christmas pants. So fun!


Watch out! Auntie Tammi and her liquor. It's scary. haha just kidding. She just took a sip I swear.

 And yes we celebrated Noelle's birthday again with my parents!! Had a little party for her with some dinner and cake! She was a little tired this time around and wasn't as happy eating the smash cake.



 We also took some cousin photos this day in the morning. It was only like 1 degree outside. No big deal.


December 28th
Micah & Noelle get to open more presents and Nana and Papa's house.

 I got to see my childhood friend and also one of my bridesmaids Leah Ipema and her son Nolan. He is only 8 months old. So cute

Noelle styling her cute new outfit

 Snow snow everywhere!! Pretty to look at for sure!!
 Noelle snuggling papa

We go to visit our Bridge family in Des Plaines and see one of our Lifegroup friends. Micah and Madison really enjoyed each other. We even found them hiding in a room together...yikes

 Nicole and I
 Micah loved their decoration. I might steal this for next year. The grinch is ripping their lights off the house. So cool

We're going on a trip in our favorite rocket ship..
 This was too funny not to share.
 We made raisin pie. Paw Paw's favorite pie. It was everything YOU think it would be.
 Auntie Gail meeting Noelle.
 Noelle meeting Jaxon
 Lots of dancing going on in this house.
Sweet little babes all sitting together by the tree.
 Steph and I with our youngests
 Dancing.



Lots of giggles and laughs with Nana and Papa so I'm glad I got one last picture of the four of them.





What great memories and great time with family and friends. We are so blessed to have such great people in our lives. Thankful for you all and how you have loved on us and our kids this year. Happy New Year to you all. Let's make 2018 the best!!






No comments:

Post a Comment