C&L

C&L

Monday, May 18, 2015

Birthday fun

Hey Everyone!!

It's a relaxing Monday. Nothing to prep for.. nothing to worry about. Just might go to a spray park today. I'm in the mood to have some fun and be outside.
Guess what? It said flood watch this past Saturday and we ended up having a beautiful day at the park. The wind was a little strong...more than I anticipated. Some of the decorations had to be scratched but it ended up looking great. I don't think Craig and I realized how hard it would be to put on a party all by ourselves. Having family to help would have made the party so much more fun. Thank goodness for my friend Ashley and her husband Cory. I don't think we would have survived without them. Honestly, I thought we could handle it and I was totally wrong. Anyways.. very thankful for helping hands.



























 Look at the mess he made!!! I brought a lot of wipes with me and we actually did a pretty good job cleaning him up. Just had some leftover in his nostril the next day...LOL






So here's the part you don't see in these pictures. We tried to plan for everything...except one thing happened we had never expected. Micah starting bursting out screaming crying and we could not figure out why. It was the weirdest.. saddest... unexpected situation Craig and I had to deal with. I think it was a combination of...tired (I woke him up from his nap early to get there early to set up) hungry (didn't do a good job feeding him and taking care of  him..hence why I needed family) I found  about 10 mosquito bites on him the next day( which could have been hurting him and we didn't know it) or he has been teething a lot lately and seems to be in a ton of pain. Either way everyone was like..."I've never seen Micah cry.. this is so weird." At one point we thought Craig might have to take him home. All the sudden I had a mommy moment and went over to Craig (who was far away from the pavilion to settle M down) and told him to take off all his clothes and strip him down. So we did that and rubbed his back and he finally stopped crying. I still don't know what happened or why. But let me tell you...It's not easy throwing a huge party without family!!!!!!!!!! hahah I have learned my lesson. Honestly it was a little part of this day I will never forget..but I think Craig and I handled the situation like a team and we did good. Everyone also said, "You guys are so calm with these situations." AFTER he calmed down we got him to eat and then SMASH the cake. So it all turned out great in the end. The park was amazing. All the kids had a blast. That's what I wanted!! Well.. you guys all know Craig and I like to have a party people talk about...so we tried.

Look at these awesome BAGS Craig built for M's party. Everyone was so amazed by what he did. I am very proud of him. He worked so hard on this.


Last night we had Women's Bible Study and I got to talk to the women about our situation with Craig's job. I started balling and let it all out. It was really good for me to cry about it. I don't think I've actually cried in front of that many people since high school (yeah that's another story).  It makes me think of the one time I was in the doctors office with Micah and KIM Mom trying to get M to breastfeed. I cried so hard because he wouldn't latch. Of course you all know everything worked out there and we had a beautiful nursing experience after that. Anyways.. I just don't cry a lot. Usually laughter helps me cope with different situations.. but not this time. However they all said if we move and decide to come back after a few years they will have open arms for me to come back in their lives. That made me feel so special and loved. 

So here are a few pics of my last MOMS meeting. We were supposed to dress up and wear a hat. So Micah and I decided to wear our hats and take a pic.



 Our table looked so pretty with all the decorations. They did an awesome job!!




Can't believe we are going to Vegas soon. I'm in the mood to lose some weight again.. haha I hope to lose like 5 pounds before we go. 

I will update you all soon on Craig's job. Keep us in your prayers!!

Love you all...(YA'LL)

No comments:

Post a Comment