C&L

C&L

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Birthday

Hey All.

Today I am 29 years old. Woah... Where did the time go? I think when you turn 29 it makes you really think about what you did with your life. I mean 30 is so scary because you hope that you have everything you want by the time your 30 years old..right? Well, I went out this past weekend with my neighbor and her girlfriends on Saturday. She is the one who has a 3 year old girl named Micah. We first stopped at her friends house to have a drink before going to dinner and a movie. I could tell when I got to her friends house, they were a little different than me but I couldn't put my finger on it. We talked and they found out I was a Hooker and we had a good time.
Later at the restaurant I found out they were all 10 years older than me. They were actually pretty excited to be hanging out with a younger girl. I hope I represented well :) As they all talked more I found out almost every single one of them had been divorced and either dating again or engaged. Only me and my neighbor had a child. Wow. I felt so out of place. I couldn't imagine being 38 and single(meaning not married) with no kids.  I don't know why I was so shocked...but I was.  Some of them were very much OK with not having kids at all. I couldn't imagine not having Micah in my life.

So as I contemplated this the whole night I knew what they were all missing. They were focused on themselves and their jobs and being with the right person...but what about their relationship with Christ? I don't think any of them had that. I really hope to shine some light on them and give them hope for the future. So today I sit here and relish in what I have. A husband who loves me and a son who (loves me but just can't say it yet LOL) and a Father in heaven who loves me the most. I feel so happy that I am 29 with all these things and hopefully more babies in the future to love.

I also am feeling very blessed to have as many friends as I do. I knew signing up for the TV world that I would never be staying in ONE place very long. However, even though I'm not working I'm still in that world of traveling almost every year. And today I realize how many people and friends I have made in the last 5 years of my life. It's insane how many people have been in my life and made a difference. I hope I made a difference in their life as well. I can tell you most of the friends I made I will make sure to keep in touch with. Now sitting here getting ready to meet more people it makes me excited for this journey God has me on. He didn't want me to stay in one place too long, and that's OK with me.

So Monday (my bday) was just another day in the life of being a mommy. I did take M to the mall and let him play first and then I got to shop.



 It was so nice to buy a few things I needed. Then later on my other neighbor (Leslie) came over and hung out while M was napping. It was so nice to have an hour conversation and just sit still:) She didn't know it was my birthday until later that night when she went on FB. haha I didn't want to tell her either.

Craig came home and brought me flowers and a cake from Costco. It was really sweet of him. We actually celebrated my bday on Sunday night. We went to the Smyrna Village Market (which I have to say we weren't really impressed compared to plano) and then we headed to Pappasitos and had Mexican. The chicken quesadilla for kids were amazing. Micah ate almost ALL of them!! Here are some pics from that night.


 He's almost at the point of running...ahhh


Ok and all our furniture is in and now we are finally decorating.  Here is the couch and love seat.



We are slowly getting there!! It's definitely feeling more like home. Thank you all for the birthday love!! I'm excited to see what I learn this year and the people I meet.

Love you

p.s. I wrote this on JULY 20th and posted it the next day. Sorry for the confusion

No comments:

Post a Comment