C&L

C&L

Friday, May 12, 2017

Giving grace

However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.
Acts 20:24 NIV

This is the verse of the day. And it hit me. This is the goal in life. To show and tell others the good news of Christ. It's hard to not get caught up in my career, my family, what I want and what I need. This morning I am sitting here in my bed with a few minutes to myself (much needed) and now I'm reading this and thinking of all the ways God will teach us his blessings in the months to come. Life is not supposed to be all about ourselves but about others. The biggest command in the bible is to love others as yourself. That's a hard task. It's so hard to think of others when your life is about to be turned upside down.

Yes we will be struggling soon and yes it's stressful...but God is so good. He's given me so much to be thankful for. I need to remember to tell others and show them why it's so important to give your life to him. And we will be fine. It's nerve wracking but there are so many things that could be worse than having to move. We still don't know our next step and have no idea what we are doing but we have each other and trusting God with our future. I need to make sure Micah knows that. I'm sure this will be hard for him to lose his home and all his friends in the neighborhood.  (It's hard on me too). Everytime we have moved I am amazed by the friends we make and how God provides.

Last night I went to choir practice and Craig had a hard time with baby girl. She wouldn't take a bottle last night and cried herself to sleep.  I am leading worship next week and now craig will have to endure another night alone. I hate that it's been tough on him, but I know it's good for him to get to know his daughter and her needs. Like I said ..she mostly just needs me. There's not much I can do about it.

The other day I had my first ever meltdown ( that I can remember) in public. I had to step out of my car and cry in the parking lot. Micah is the best little boy...but we are constantly together and it can be tough. I just need a few hours away from him sometimes. I need grandparents to drop him off. It's just so hard sometimes and he gets under my skin. I'm sure it's all the stress I'm under that's making it worse but I had to step out and pray.  Pray for peace and grace. I need to give my son grace. He's only 3 (on the 23rd) and he's not an adult. Sometimes you want them to be....so I stayed home yesterday and we had a great day. I just loves him and played with him and tried to understand his needs. It's only bad when I need to go somewhere for ME. He has his own agenda these days.

Here's something to sing about: Micah is fully potty trained. No accidents this whole week. Pee and poop on potty. I'm realizing he really doesn't need to pee as much as I think he does. He pees maybe every 2 hours. And now he runs to the bathroom by himself and I don't even need to make him.

It's pretty awesome. I'm so proud of him. Almost 3 and potty trained!! Now the hard part is taking him to the potty with a baby in tow. But better than changing a poop diaper on a 3 year old!! Yuck

Love you all and we are excited to see what the future holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment