C&L

C&L

Thursday, May 4, 2017

House update



First off I want to say these cookies turned out good. Both my boys ate them up. If you like the taste of coconut then you will like them. Here is the recipe.
Instructions
  1. Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper, set aside. 
  2. Combine peanut butter, honey salt and coconut oil in a saucepan and heat, stirring continuously, until melted and well-combined.
  3. Stir in vanilla and cocoa powder.
  4. Add quick-cooking oats and mix well.
  5. Add coconut and stir until completely combined.
  6. Drop 1 TBS portions of mixture onto your prepared baking sheet. Continue until you’ve used all your cookie mixture.
  7. Let cool in the refrigerator or freezer until hardened. 
  8. Serve cold or frozen!
  9. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator!
They are made with coconut oil, that's why they taste like coconut. I'm sure if you did butter instead they would be good too. I don't know if they would turn out though. Anyways. I felt good about giving them to both my boys. There is no bad ingredient. We ate them all in one day. ((that's what happens with big men in the house))

So here is the situation happening right now. We need a lot of prayer. We have no idea where we are going to live in a few weeks. Our neighbor was serious about buying the townhouse and renting it to us next year. She even came over for dinner Tuesday night with her boyfriend and told us everything was in the process. We gave her a very detailed tour of the house that night. The next morning (Wed) I got a text from her saying she didn't want the house anymore. These things happen, it was just very sudden and unexpected. I wanted to cry when I got the text, but i was out in public and held it together. It was the first time I felt scared and afraid of the future. Like I had no control of what was happening. I am still nervous, but there's nothing I can do. There's no point in fearing the future when I can't control it. Even if I plan everything, it could still not happen the way I want. So maybe this is best. We rely on God for what happens. He will take care of us. I'm sure Craig is feeling uneasy as well, but we have Hannah and Rachel here so we will always have a place to sleep. It sure won't be easy moving...where ever we go. I'm not looking forward to it. 

We love you all and appreciate all your  prayers. Love you all

1 comment: