C&L

C&L

Friday, January 29, 2016

Peace that passes understanding

Last night I had dinner with women from the new bible study I just started this week.  I only met a few of them and some of them I met last night for the first time. One woman in particular struck me and made me think about life after death. She is in her late 20's and has three boys under 3 years old. (I thought I had it hard) There is no comparison. Recently her 30 year old husband passed away unexpectedly. She was actually in the bible study at the time when she got the call. Last night she told us that it looks like his heart got out of rhythm and just stopped beating. For everything that you might think that is going wrong in your life.. now it all looks so small in comparison. She was the sweetest and most positive and beautiful woman I have seen. I had heard about her story from my neighbor, but nothing really clicked until meeting her face to face.

Craig and I are going through the book, "You and Me Forever." This book relates to her story in so many ways. Francis Chan talks about being right with God as the first step to a healthy marriage. In the end this life is so short. This man was 30 years old! That means if I have the same fate that I would be gone soon. I know where I am going and am so happy about it, but I don't live it out daily like I should. I have read a lot of things about this young man and all the lives he touched before leaving this world. I wondered if I died tomorrow, would people talk about me the same way? He was such a man of God and was even leading a bible study for young men. The night before he passed he was telling some men who he was discipling that if God wanted him right now... he was ready. Did you just get chills? I did. No one can understand why he was taken at such a young age, but his story has even impacted my life. I don't think I would have ever known that much about him if he wasn't taken early.  Last night I cried on my way home praying for this young woman left widowed with three babies. She was driving home ...just like me, except her husband wouldn't be there when she got back. It really hits you hard when you meet her. She knows it was all God's plan and is such a trooper. Life is precious...family is put on such a high pedestal and for a good reason. It's so hard to put God first in your life. This man loved his family dearly...but now is with God. His family is still here and seems to be doing well despite the situation. If he poured everything into his family without including God...where would he be right now? It's such a calming reassurance to know he is sitting with the Lord.


For some reason the verse from Philippians 4:7 kept coming to my mind.  "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
How can we ever understand it all? We don't have too. The peace comes because of Christ. 
I hope that one day if something this tragic happens to me... I can be at peace.  



Listen to her story. Maybe it will make you think about talking to God right now, instead of putting it off later. Because if you met him tonight or tomorrow...would you be ready?
https://youtu.be/nCu4h7-BUFU



Love you all

No comments:

Post a Comment