C&L

C&L

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Callie's Story

This morning I was updated on a story I've been following. I haven't had a chance to sit down and cry, so I wanted to write about it. I mentioned before about a girl from Texas who took Micah's newborn photos being in the ICU because of a complication from pregnancy. Her story is heartbreaking and so emotional. I can't even start to imagine her pain. Some days you think being a "mom" is hard and then ... you read this. A mom who selflessly would have given her life for her unborn baby. Now she is still in the ICU with two amputated legs and a thumb because she wanted to give her baby a chance to live. I don't know how to fight off the tears. The tragic loss of her baby boy at 16 weeks old and then losing her legs. She also has an almost two year old little girl. I will never forget her. She was so sweet and kind to Craig and I. Craig worked with her in Plano and we became friends. We helped her and her husband move (when I was pregnant). We went to their baby shower when they found out they were having a baby girl. I know she already had some hip issues and it was hard for her to have her first baby.

She was faced with a decision when she found out her cervix was not closed. To give her new little baby boy a chance to survive by bed rest until 22 weeks. The doctors told her there was a big risk she could get an infection.  On December 27th she went into septic shock from an infection that began shutting down all her organs and then unfortunately took her baby boy's life. Since then she has been in the ICU on a ventilator. Her latest update this morning is that she is conscious and able to speak a little. However she has woke up to no legs and no baby. This is unfathomable. As a mom and not being able to run after my kids ...I just can't imagine.

So today, I'm taking time out. Trying to understand why this happened to such a wonderful woman. She has so much faith in Jesus and that he will take care of her, but this is a test of her faith now. I pray she can hold strong and be comforted by him in this time. Hug your little ones and remember how lucky we are to be alive right now. These hard days can't compare to hers. I'm praying for her right now and for her little one who is in the hands of God at this very moment.

If you want to read the story and even donate to her fund here is the link. Please just pray for her family and her little girl. Give her strength to keep going for her daughter and for God to give her peace that only he can provide.

Here is the link where you can donate to her family.
Callie's stand for life

She wrote a little bit in her blog before her ICU admittance.
Here is her blog:
http://www.callie.co/blog/



I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment