C&L

C&L

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Phew!

Hey there.

So I think I'm kind of, sort of, almost back to a normal schedule now (nothing is really normal but at least I feel normal again).  I felt overwhelmed coming back home with a million (and one) things to do.  It's not that I feel stressed just can't remember everything. I really need to get better at writing things down (kinda ironic that I'm writing this now) but seriously. I know it's not just me but I will start doing one thing and think of another and another and forget the most simple thing I was supposed to do in the first place. I have to say I am not the most organized person in the world.  I was talking with my sister on the phone yesterday and telling her all the stuff I had to get done in about 3 days. It seemed like a never ending list, but somehow I got it all done.

I came home with even more clothes for M than I left with. Which was AWESOME...and more laundry. His clothes and mine piled up on me and then we would have an unexpected explosion so that needed to be done first.(Now we call explosions Dutch Blitz) Micah likes to Dutch Blitz his pants about every other day now LOL. Let me just tell you why we call it that. Dutch Blitz is a new card game we learned at the Hooker's when we visited. And of course everything normal we like to change into an inside joke so when Micah had his first explosion we started to say Micah dutch blitzed his pants.... anyways you get the point.
I needed groceries on Monday and had to make a mini diaper cake for a friend and also a game for the shower.



I had to read a chapter in my book for bible study on Monday and tried to get the bible study done for Tuesday the next morning.  I had to make a breakfast casserole for MOMS this morning (which went a lot better than last time). And yesterday was my CLEANING day.  The bad part about never cleaning is when you have a cleaning day it's Horrible!!! I didn't really even get to everything. I should probably clean more often...but then I would leave Micah in a bouncer or saucer all day and I need snuggle time too!! All in all I made some great dinner the last two nights and tonight I am trying a new recipe with Boneless Pork Sirloin Roast. I even ran to walmart last night to get some ingredients. It called for Red Wine so of course I picked up some pumpkin beer too. haha

Did you know it's 30 degrees today?? I put on my PJ pants when we got home from church and felt right at home. I think we might even turn on our fire place tonight. I never thought we would use it...but I am so excited to have one now! Micah saw a candle burning yesterday and couldn't keep his eyes off of it so I'm sure he would love the fire.
The only bad part is I'm not able to go for walks the last two days. If it's in the 40s or 50s I will go, but this is just too cold in my opinion for a 5 month old.

Yesterday while I was driving I took a deep breath and thanked God for everything I have. Especially my family. I feel like I could be gone for a whole year and when I see them it's like I never missed a beat. I was thinking how I should be sad that no one is here and we are alone, but after seeing everyone I just feel refreshed and loved. Even though I don't see everyone each day I feel their love through simple things- a text, email, a picture. These little things can make my day.
Being so far from everyone has made our relationship stronger because we only have each other to rely one. Yesterday Craig prayed at the dinner table to help us raise Micah with Christian values. After hearing that I was humbled because I myself need to work on reading the Bible and knowing God's word. Being a parent doesn't mean you have to know everything...sometimes you have to find it out and then teach your kids.

Today at MOMS (church) we learned how to incorporate scripture throughout the day with your kids. It's fun for them. Learning through song or reading....I will be learning too. It has really made me think how important it is for me to learn more about God's word so when Micah asks me questions, I'M Ready. And if I don't know.. that's OK too. We will learn together. I will always have Psalm 139 memorized because my dad wrote music to it. It's been a great song that I can sing any day and anywhere. How cool would it be to teach Micah the same song? He can memorize bible verses without even knowing it.
The lady who spoke today said to remember you are building the foundations for your kids by learning scripture. The storm with come and try to knock them down. Those who build their house upon the Lord with stand strong.

Matthew 7:24-27

24 “Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. 25 Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won’t collapse because it is built on bedrock."
The woman who spoke today has a website and books at www.parentingwithscripture.com

I don't know if you can tell but Micah is taking a long nap after being in the nursery today. YAY!! Love you all


No comments:

Post a Comment