C&L

C&L

Monday, November 17, 2014

Where am I?

This morning I woke up to a light dusting of white snow on the ground and I couldn't believe my eyes. Where am I? Texas? Snow? This might sound crazy but it made me so happy to see it. I say that because this coming weekend it's supposed to get up to 70 degrees. I have enjoyed the bitter cold this last week because it reminds me of home without feeling like I might have the worst winter ever. I know it won't get bad here and if it does it won't last too long. I'm actually pretty surprised the schools are still open today.

This weekend was a lot of fun. On Saturday we went out to breakfast at the Original Pancake house and it was super packed, but since we have the best baby in the world we waited about 20 mins for a table. M fell asleep in the car after breakfast and we headed to a new clothing place for big and tall men called the Foundry. This is kind of ironic because Craig just worked at a place called The Foundry the last 8 months. We had a blast looking for new clothes for Craig. Let me tell you about his new look. We call him the sexual lumberjack now. HAHA He got some Khaki Jeans which we call Jaki's and some nice sweaters that have a zipper at the top to show off a collared shirt or undershirt. The Jaki's are pretty tight and he also got a pair of dark jeans. Now I have known Craig for awhile and never seen him wear this type of clothes. He definitely looks like a grown man. Maybe it's because he's 30 now? I will try and sneak a picture of him sometime. I am so lucky to have a sexy lumberjack man!! LOL The funny thing was when we got home he started actually cutting up some wood in the backyard and I yelled out to him that he is just supposed to look like a lumberjack.. not act like one!! Long story short...I'm glad we finally found a store he can shop at and it's not the Buckle.


Look at this little man sitting up all by himself!! He just loves it. Every now and then he'll lean too forward or fall to the side. Overall he is doing awesome. I'll take it. He's never going to crawl just sit up and then walk. It's fine with me.

M went to LifeGroup with us last night and he just loved sitting on our lap listening to everyone talk. Giving smiles to anyone who would look at him. The nursery worker told Craig when he picked him up after church that we should have at least 12 more babies just like him. 12? That's an odd number. But yes I get her point.

We are still trying to figure out his sleep pattern. Last night he was exhausted and I put him down in his crib with a full belly, changed diaper, paci, and he was screaming like something was terribly wrong. This has happened before, but not for a long time. We decided to let him cry for about 15 minutes and after that I couldn't take it anymore. I went in his room and I have never seen him so distraught before. His eyes were filled with real tears and he seemed so scared. I held him tight and rocked him to sleep. FIRST TIME EVER rocking him to sleep. It was well worth it. I almost cried because I felt so sad as he was trying to catch his breath on my shoulder. Goodness.  I never want to see him like that again...but I'm afraid it might be the start of a long journey. He's still waking up once a night around 4 a.m. for a feeding. hmmm... Oh well. He's my first and I am trying my best to get him on a schedule but I'm not going to focus too much on it. He is still a great napper in his crib or on my chest.

Love you all!! Have a great Monday !!!


No comments:

Post a Comment