C&L

C&L

Monday, March 23, 2015

Park search


What a crazy weekend!!! This is a picture from yesterday. We went to 4 different local park to pick out on for M's birthday celebration. The thing is people have already booked most of the parks for May 16th. (It's the weekend before his actual bday) I can't believe people plan that far ahead. Anyways, I am calling today and going to reserve the best one we found. Hope it's still available! 

Let me start off with Friday. Craig stayed home for work and M starting to feel under the weather. M and I went to the nice mall in Frisco because I needed to get out. It was such a fun Mommy and Micah day! We rode the carousel and had chick fila together. We also went shopping at H&M and I got M some shirts and me one as well. haha. Later that night we wanted to go out and watch some of the NCAA basketball tournament. Before we left Craig dropped his cologne bottle and it broke all over the bathroom floor. Needless to say it smelled like man everywhere!!!! So we went to a place called Henry's Tavern and it was a lot of fun. Micah was happy boy... but here's where it started. Craig assumed I was going to take his leftovers since he put it on MY side of the table. When we got home he asked where his sandwich was and I was left puzzled. I didn't even know I was supposed to take it.

Craig's Terrible, Horrible, No good, Very bad weekend.... First his poor sandwich, then the next morning we had an event in Grand Prairie (about 50 mins away) for AT&T. Craig was involved in a bowl 4 kids event which raised money for Big Brother Big Sisters. We were on empty when we got on the highway and Craig said don't worry we'll make it. I almost had a meltdown, but secretly wished we would have ran out of gas..(seriously he is too confident in that empty sign). We actually made it there and got gas (Thank Goodness) When Craig starting bowling he kept getting gutter balls.  I was a little embarrassed ...haha I made him get  a different ball. He started finally bowling like himself after several rounds. It was actually a lot of fun.. I even got to bowl a little bit. Then Craig bought a round of beers since the first one was out. We left and Craig really wanted to go to the Blackhawks game (we tried to get a babysitter but no luck). He was texting a few guys who had previously said they would go, but none responded. He kept looking up prices for tickets and I just told him to go by himself and have fun. Who cares. Sometimes when your a parent you just have to get out even if it's by yourself. He was like.. my luck they will lose 5-0. 
So he went and they lost 0-4. Which is pretty strangle for the Blackhawks. I think he still had a good time though. While he was on his way he noticed that he couldn't find his credit card. I called the bowling alley and yep it was there. Poor Craig was just not having good luck.

So even though it was a long drive back out there we went after church and picked up the credit card. Good thing was M slept most of the way and because we were out driving we decided to look at a few open houses around the area. We went and saw 2 and made us realize how much we like out rented house right now. Man, it's going to be tough to find the perfect house... because there is no such thing! We looked at one house that needed a ton of work and was really affordable and another at the top of our range but needed some work as well. When I got home it was hard to want to move when I love everything (except the kitchen) in this house. I just want a beautiful kitchen. We were even thinking of buying this house we are in and redoing the kitchen. haha Anyways the bad luck weekend ended and Sunday was an awesome family day. After we went and looked at homes we picked up lotte and went to 4 different parks to check out which one was best for M.

I am going to call today and hope for the best!! I so wish all his family would be here for his party, but we will celebrate all together soon after!! 

Love you all!!

PS Craig seems back to his normal self and his terrible,horrible, no good very bad weekend was a good reminder of what's important! Being together and having fun in bad situations.


No comments:

Post a Comment