C&L

C&L

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Sacrifice

This morning I had to sacrifice what I wanted for my son. Might be one of the first times it's been this tough. I was debating going to MOMS this morning since M still has a bad cough. All morning I was going back and forth because I wanted to go so bad. I haven't been to MOMS FOR 3 weeks with the snow storm and then spring break. I was so excited to go this morning.
Anyways...I got everything in the car ready to go ..put M in the car. Drove to church and I look back and M is sleeping. He never sleeps this early anymore. I dropped off the food I got for MOMS and thought maybe he'll take a short nap and I'll get to go still. Its 1015 am and I'm still sitting it the car.
Today God has given me a clear sign that I need to put my son before myself and what I want. I am about to cry writing this because it's so hard to sacrifice. I really need friends and social events with no family around to lean on. I know I need to be strong because this is my reality. As I wipe my mascara running down my face I remember that even though this feels big to me.. God sacrificed so much more for me. I don't need to count friends and social events for happiness (even though it does bring me lots of joy) I need to be content with what I have and the love for my beautiful son needs to be my top priority.

Do you want to know what's the best part? The speaker today at MOMS was talking about "happiness"
And even though I'm definitely crying right now.. I'm really happy! Haha I sound a little crazy but we've all been there.
Also this picture is from the other day at Watters creek but I thought it was appropriate.Lol

Seriously..I love you all.

Have a blessed day

No comments:

Post a Comment