C&L

C&L

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Stitches removed

Today was my last doctors appointment for awhile. It feels good to have nothing more to set up or worry about. Now comes the bills. Bills everywhere. Not only are you trying to recover from an emotional and physical hardship, than they add the hospital and doctor bill. I guess I'm alive today because of those bills and that's a big deal. I need to remember that. Micah came with me to get my stitches removed and he was very sweet. I took him to the mall to play afterwards. He ran around and almost got kissed by a girl. He wasn't too sure about that. As I was driving home M fell asleep and when I looked back I felt so much peace. What is it about a sleeping baby that makes the world seem like the best place ever? Whenever I see his sweet face passed out in the back seat it makes me feel on top of the world. I can't describe it. Something so simple melts my heart.

We got back home and I laid him down for his nap. I also went downstairs to take a break. When I glanced at my phone I saw some heartbreaking news. A reporter and her cameraman were shot by an old co-worker during a live shot in Virginia this morning. I know there are shootings everyday in this messed up world...but this one hit really close to home. I watched the live shot as this young 24 year old women looked so happy interviewing someone for her story and had no idea a man was about to kill her. I think I just put myself in her position. As journalists you can get wrapped up in your story so much that you don't see anything around you.  I remember trying to take my emotions out of every story. You almost had to become heartless.
I will never forget when a small plane crashed near College Station, TX and I was called to go in the middle of the night. When I got there with a co-worker we were trying to get as close as possible to get a good shot. I'll never forget the adrenaline rush of the experience...but also what happened next. We passed the barricades and went on to a farm land close by to see if we could get closer. An officer saw us and ran up to us. He said, "Please stay back this is a horrific scene and we are still looking for body parts." I'll never forget how my body froze. This wasn't just a story. This was a family of four with a small baby who just died instantly. They were still looking for pieces of the family. Gosh. Being a reporter was tough. You couldn't sit there and cry ...you had to get the information and go back to the station...and go..go ..go. NO time to feel bad.
Anyways, I have been texting and communicating with all my TV friends. We are all shocked and horrified because the shooter posted the video on FB and twitter. He wanted everyone to see. How much worse could it get? I'm sitting here feeling blessed that I don't have to go to work tomorrow and fear for my life. But in reality it's just another way of realizing we are all here for only a short time. Some shorter than others. These two journalists were 24 and 27 years old. Barely even got to live their lives. Many of us will be taken too soon or not the way we want to die. I just hope and pray both of them are in the arms of Jesus now. I pray they knew him and accepted him as their savior.

In other news.. Micah and I went to the food trucks last night with a neighbor(Lindsay) at a park in Smyrna. It was so beautiful outside and M had so much fun. I tried some lamb tacos and M went all out with a Hotdog!! haha

 He loves his balls!!





Tonight we went to the little park in our neighborhood just to get out for a bit this afternoon. 



I love you all so much and hope you are having a wonderful week


No comments:

Post a Comment