C&L

C&L

Thursday, October 22, 2015

DD -Dunkin Donuts

Since M and I have been stuck home ALL week, we decided to get some much needed donuts this morning. Well, technically I had a croissant sandwich and M got some munchkins. As you can see in these pictures, he was a fan. He's still a little sick, but his spirits are up.




 Fist pump

He's back to two naps right now as he is fighting this cold. He went to sleep around 10:30 a.m. this morning and I got to chat with a friend going through some hard physical problems right now. It was meant to be. She seemed like she really needed to talk to someone. She hasn't figured out what's wrong with her yet, but that's the hardest part. I told her I only had excruciating pain for maybe a few days...but I can't imagine not being able to finally figure out what was wrong. Those few days seemed like the longest. I'm glad I'm here for her. She is such a sweet friend from Texas and actually her family lives here..right by me. Her mom even brought me a meal after I got out of the hospital. It's so nice to keep in touch with all those I have met along the way. I am praying she figures out what is wrong so she can go on with life. As we get older our bodies seem to not heal as quickly, or recover like we used too. It's sad to think about. Even the healthiest people out there get hit with chronic pain.

Speaking of pain...Micah decided to go head first down the slide and pretty much caught himself with his face. He was holding onto his snacks and thought it would be best to keep them safe before protecting his face. Poor guy. He's got some cuts all around from the mulch. I really think God gave me a boy first so I could know what to do when I have a girl. haha I think Micah is really tough when it comes to getting hurt. Thank goodness because my reaction time has slowed down along with my body. I'm getting old. I'm not quick on my feet any more. LOL

M and I have been hanging out outside a lot lately. I mean 75 degrees? It's enticing. Once you step outside and feel the cool breeze you never want to go back in. I'm loving this weather.

I'm also loving where I live. Now that Micah and I go for walks once sometimes twice a day I am getting to know more and more people around here.  I will have to take a pic of our new friend Sefton and Micah. They are so adorable together. Perfect ages. They like to imitate one another and it's  so sweet. 

Praying for my sister today, Hannah. She seems to have caught the flu. Ahhh. Is it that time already?? I need to go get the flu shot. I guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow. haha Poor thing. The weird thing is I don't think her kids got it...just her. And she stays at home. I'm thinking maybe she caught it from her Hubs. Anyways...the flu season is upon us. M already got his shot and I am praying I can escape this year's flu. We will see. 

Did I tell you guys Micah and I are going to Virginia soon? November 4th. I'm so excited. Micah will finally meet his GG Harris and Peter Wonderful. Might be the only time he ever gets to see them. I am so thankful we can go and be with them. He will love having all the attention on him. I will love it too. Thankful I can stay at home and be with this little man all day and take him around to see his family. 

Hope you all are having a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment