C&L

C&L

Friday, October 16, 2015

Miss Lotte

Sometimes when I know Craig has to leave for work I think that it won't be much difference since I take care of Micah all day anyways. This week seems different. I feel worn out. Just that extra little time at night while Craig is giving him a bath is so nice for me. I feel defeated right now. I know many moms feel the same as I do most days. It's a tough pill to swallow. 

Wednesday I got home to a sick dog again. She's always had some issues and her tummy seems to be more sensitive as she is getting older. The last month or so she has been sick almost 5 times and I am giving her pumpkin regularly it seems like. I had come home from Bible study and wasn't feeling the best. I haven't really had great connections and I felt very distant from everyone. I try to open up so much that I think it scares people. I was talking to my dad on the way home and he lifted my spirits a bit (like he always does) but when I realized Lotte was sick and I had another mess to clean up I broke down. I thought that I couldn't do it anymore. I didn't have the time or patience to take her to the vet again and figure out what's wrong. I started balling my eyes out while I cleaned up the mess and ran downstairs and hysterically started crying while I searched out places that euthanize dogs. It was the first time I had EVER considered this option. Now I know that sounds harsh. And I am trying to figure out the best options. At the time it seems like the only one. I have no body to watch her while I'm gone because she gets nervous when she's not in her home and sometimes has "accidents" which it's because of her incontinence/kidney failure.  She's not a bad dog.. she's like the best dog that I have ever had and even ever known. Now it's Friday and she seems to be doing better. I can't take her on long walks anymore because I figured out it makes her body overheat and she leaks. I just don't know if staying inside all day and getting sick a lot is going to be a good life for her. Please pray that I can figure out the best plan. She has been with me since I was about 17 and this may be the hardest decision I will make thus far. 


 She loves Micah and he loves her. 

Yesterday I went to the dentist because I had been having some pain and thought it might be my wisdom teeth coming in. My neighbor Leslie watched Micah while he slept (she's the best) and I got to run out for a bit. I found out I have gingivitis and I really need a cleaning to get the plaque off so it can heal. She told me to floss, mouthwash and brush really good back there. She also gave me the referral to the oral surgeon but said I can get the consultation and take my time getting it done. That makes me feel better. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't going to be in an emergency situation again. 

Thursday night we had a neighborhood mom/kid play date. I have the best neighbors and am so thankful to be able to walk and hang out. We went over to one of our mom's house who has a little yard with a slide. This was not planned, but the kids lined up by the door and posed for a picture.


This is Micah and Parker
 from Left to right:
Leslie, Nolan, Isabella, Parker, Micah, and Micah


We were able to hang out a bit after the kids went to bed which is a necessity. haha I really needed some mom time. Just sit and relax and talk. I don't get that much. Or at least doesn't seem like it. 

Craig is coming back tonight and hopefully we can make it to a pumpkin patch this weekend. I think Micah will love digging into pumpkin guts and getting messy. haha 

Love you all

 

No comments:

Post a Comment