C&L

C&L

Monday, October 19, 2015

Pumpkin Patch

Saturday we went to Berry Pumpkin Patch in Woodstock. It was about a 30 minute drive and got there around 10:15 a.m.  It was seriously the perfect day to be outside. A chill in the air but the sun shining. Micah kept wanting to feed the cow and touch the chickens. We took a hayride to the pumpkin patch and picked a 28 pound pumpkin that costed around 30 bucks. HA I guess you pay for the experience. We had to pull Micah away form the fun around 11:30 and went to lunch. We stopped at Panera and it was wonderful. I don't know why but I haven't been to a lot since I don't have one close by (or one I have found yet). Soup felt so good after being outside. Micah loved the broccoli cheddar soup. He is really big on "dipping" right now. The problem is he doesn't take a bite ...he just kept dipping and eating the sauce or soup. It can be a little irritating sometimes. I know he'll get it soon. 
Here are some pics from the day:



 Micah finally cheesed it!! I said Cheese and he smiled!! woohoo. He's getting it :)








 He kept saying "ball" and trying to pick all the pumpkins up. It was really cute.
 Family photo

a taste for you



Micah and I took out all the guts on Saturday night and he loved it...like I knew he would. A little too much though. He kept trying to eat the seeds. I couldn't take my eye off of him or he was trying to eat another part of the pumpkin. sheesh.

Sunday night Craig got to carving the pumpkin while M and I watched out on the porch. We decided to carve "trick or treat" in the pumpkin since I couldn't find a design I liked. Here are my sweet pumpkins:








It's fun having a little one taking in everything. It makes doing these types of seasonal things much more enjoyable. It was way easier last year to get a cute picture with M and the pumpkins.. This year he just wouldn't sit still for a minute. How could you blame him? Too much to do and see.

Micah had a runny nose today and I'm hoping he gets better quick. I was just saying how long it's been since he was sick. Of course ...but we don't have much going on this week.  I took him to the dollar store today and got him a balloon. I was looking for cute decorations, but this dollar store wasn't the best. Seriously though you can't go wrong with a dollar balloon that's helium. You pay 4 or 5 at party city. The last time we had a balloon it was entertainment for weeks, so I'm hoping I get my money's worth. LOL

BRRR It's cold outside. Where am I? I feel like I'm back home. In Texas it didn't start feeling chilly till end of October, maybe even November. I am kind of enjoying the cool temps. Maybe it's because baggy clothes are my best friend right now. I need to get in gear and start working out but I have NO motivation. I keep saying.. ok lets do this and then all the sudden I'm day dreaming about if I'm going to make pumpkin pie or pecan pie. UGH. Why is food so good? Sometimes I just sit on Pinterest and look at all the workouts I want to do the next day. Then I feel like I did them without doing anything. haha That's the problem with Pinterest. I do love getting recipes though. Tonight I made an easy chicken meal that I could see myself making a lot in the future!! It was Chicken, swiss cheese, milk, can of cream of chicken soup and stove top stuffing. Pretty much just layer and put in over. I loved it. 

Click here for the recipe


I really hope you all had an amazing weekend. Halloween will be here before you know it and all the sudden my baby is going to be halfway to 2. ahhh Say it ain't so. Cherish the moments. I need to tell myself that on the days I'm just so tired. 

Love to all



No comments:

Post a Comment