C&L

C&L

Monday, February 22, 2016

Boys...and more boys

What a great weekend. We had Liam, Caleb and Micah and were able to still keep a normal lifestyle. I know some people have more than three kids, but for us this was a big jump. Liam is practically 4 (in March) Caleb is almost 3 (in June) and Micah is 1 and a half. So technically a 3,2, and one year old. On Friday I had them all by myself. It went really good. We even took the double stroller to the park close to me and got to be outside in the nice weather. We got home and all took naps. I was surprised how good they all did with nap time. Liam and Caleb were awesome at taking naps. May have took them a bit to fall asleep. But they did and slept longer than Micah most days. After their nap on Friday it was still so beautiful outside so I took them out on the deck. We were going in and out and one time I left my phone on the table inside while I went on the deck with the kids. As I was sitting there Liam asked for some milk so I headed back inside to find the door locked. Ok so my deck is pretty high off the ground and has a little fence around it. You can still lock the door from the inside (to feel safe) but I doubt anyone could ever climb up there to even try to rob us. Anyways, at first I though I'll find something to unlock it with (thinking it may have been like the doors on the rooms) and quickly realized this door needs a key. All three boys and me stuck on my deck. I didn't know what to do. I had NO phone, no way of communicating with anyone. The only thing I knew is that it was around 4 p.m. when we were out there and Craig gets home anywhere from 5-6:30p.m. I found out it was Caleb who locked the door and then decided to shut it. I guess he's into that right now. The joys of a toddler. As I was sitting there and the kids were asking to go inside and wanting milk and then Micah pooped I wanted to cry...but instead laughed. I just kept telling the kids to ask Caleb. Don't ask me. Thank goodness Craig got home around 5:30p.m. He saved us. I had a small feeling while I was stuck outside that maybe this was God trying to tell me I shouldn't have anymore kids. Not sure what I would have done if we would have gotten stuck out there earlier in the day. I definitely learned my lesson.

Liam found Micah's new tool set and loved building things. So cute.
 they all loved sitting together and eating.


Friday night we took the kids to our new church and dropped them at childcare while we did a marriage question and answer seminar. It was great for us to be together while the kids were playing and having fun. I'm glad I got a little break. When we got home everyone went to bed pretty easily.

The next day we met my girlfriend/roommate from college at Chick-fil-a. She was in town seeing another friend and I got to meet her new boyfriend. It was so great to see her. I wish we could have had more time. Thank goodness for play places at Chick-fil-a. The boys loved it. Ran around and then took bites of food here and there. They actually ate better than normal.

Goldy and I. I can't believe it's been 8 years since college. That's craziness!!!



Sunday we took all the boys to church again. This time just for church. They seemed to have a good time. Liam is used to being in school, Caleb has a hard time leaving us. He cries for a little bit, but usually does good after we leave. Micah just walks right in and is like.. HEY GUYS! haha


So with all these boys around I'm really praying one day God will send me a little girl!! Not sure it's that's his plan for me, but would be nice to not have another little weenie around here. LOL

Aldi got me again!! They had this little coloring desk for 20 bucks and I couldn't resist. Of course M loves it.





On Thursday I got to hang out with a new friend, Meg and her little boy Shep. We climbed the mountain together with the boys. It was a ton of work....but felt so good! We had a picnic afterwards and it was the most perfect day outside. I'm looking forward to getting to know her more in the next weeks. She is such a Godly woman and our boys are very close in age. She probably already knows too much about my life...but that's just me. Super open and I will tell you anything if you will listen.





I hope you all have a fabulous week!! Happy Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment