C&L

C&L

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Content

Recently, I have been struggling with being content. Content with my life. How it is right now at this moment. I think it may be the hardest thing. Being content in the now. I feel like every stage of life you look forward to something else. Right now I have been really struggling with losing a baby. My due date is coming up in March. It's so crazy to think that I could have a newborn in a few weeks. I wonder if I would want it as much if I never would have gotten pregnant. I try so hard not to think about it. Somehow I do ...every single day.

Today Micah and I went to the zoo together. ((Thanks to Grandma KIM MOM for our zoo membership!! )) Just him and I. Sometimes I forget that we can just be together. I am so consumed with being with other moms I forget to just "be" with Micah. I have to admit I had so much fun today. I mean, I never knew I could have so much fun with a 20 month old. I am understanding the meaning of being content. Even though I struggle with it everyday...today I was perfectly content with Micah. I didn't want anything else. I was so glad I wasn't 8 months pregnant or I would have never been able to do the things I did with him today.  God is showing me everyday why I need to let go of what I want and let him do the work. It's not up to me. I have so much to be thankful for and right now I need to enjoy my son who loves me (maybe his dad a little bit more than me..j/k) It's not something I can just say and be done. Every day I ask God for patience and endurance to keep my faith in what HIS plans are. With so many of my friends pregnant, it gets hard not to be selfish. I want the same. God is really teaching me everyday. This is my time to serve others. Put them before myself. Also, this little guys smile and his belly laugh today made me ever so content. I was holding him on the carousel and he giggled so hard and held onto my neck. I wanted to cry because he was the cutest thing I had ever seen. So much joy and life. He made me realize to be content just like him. To look at the world with wonder and never stop loving.  Take every day like a new adventure.


On another note...Micah knows all his animals now. I don't know if it's because of me or all the PBS shows he watches. The zoo was extra fun since he knew the animals and could say them and tell me what sound they made. Even though it was only 50 degrees (which felt chillier than it sounds) we made the best of it. I think his favorite part was the reptiles. He loved all the turtles. I was impressed by all the snakes. Some of them were up and moving around...it was pretty scary. haha

We have started to sing every night to Micah. One night after we sang a couple songs he started to sing his own. He stood up starting singing (in another language) and sat back down. We clapped for him and he would stand up and do it again. He is starting to sing the songs with us. One day he is going to wake up and say, "Hey MA, What's up?" and I'm going to faint. haha I feel like he learns so much in just one day. It amazes me how fast he is picking up on stuff. I think he has his daddy's brain. As a third child I didn't really care to learn.. just play. He is definitely the opposite. He is hungry to learn and speak. It's great for me.

Anyways, so here is a little clip of him singing.



I hope you all are having a wonderful week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment