C&L

C&L

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

How old is he?

So by now I decided to stop counting months. It's kind of annoying. I just keep saying one and a half or he'll be 2 in May. Also, because I can't keep up with it anymore. I feel like a bad mom, but the brain just doesn't want to do it. Micah can now say, "two" when I ask him how old he is going to be. He wakes up every morning saying new things. Today he woke up saying, "phone" and "muffin" and one of his favorite words right now is "pillow." He wants to do everything like ma and daddy. So he wants a pillow in his crib now. I'm not sure if he is even using it, but it makes him happy.   He is so happy to be going to church again this week. Seems like it's been awhile since we have been.

Yesterday at bible study a mom had mentioned her two year old was potty trained. So I asked her about it and she said many times you can start at 18 months. She said if you pass the right window it only gets harder. Yikes. I'm kind of freaking out about it. Micah tells me when he goes poo and I think he could be ready, but I'm not sure I am. I tried to sit him on the pot today but I need to get a smaller seat for him. I think it's a little scary and obviously too big of a hole. So that's going to be exciting. Potty training. I just read a few tips from another mom, but I'm thinking I may need to read a bigger book on this one. I have absolutely no experience or have even payed much attention to it. Micah is such a fast learner right now. He wants to do everything I say, and I'm sure that is why it's a good time to teach him before he becomes all independent and does his own thing.

When I picked M up from childcare yesterday his teacher told me he is an independent player right now. She said he just sits by himself and plays. This is surprising to me since I see him as a very social little boy. I need to ask his other teach on Wednesday about it. I am curious to find out if he feels more comfortable at one place over the other.

This Friday Craig and I are going to the Bulls game downtown. We are getting a babysitter for the first time! I'm pretty nervous about it since no one else has put M down to bed... unless we are home visiting. I think he will do fine, and I pray I can let loose and not worry about him all night. He's a good boy and I'm sure will love playing with someone new. We found this girl from our neighbor.

Then on Saturday my sister and I are taking the boys on a trip to Tennessee. We are meeting my parents there and staying overnight in a hotel. They are taking Liam back home for a couple weeks to be with him. I decided to tag along and ride with my sister. It takes about 3-4 hours to get there. Not bad at all. We will leave around nap time so hopefully the boys will sleep for most of the trip.

Last night I wanted to take a little video of M playing in the bath. He is so cute and talks to all his bath toys. Once he saw I was taking a video he didn't want any part of it. Looks like someone may be naked camera shy! haha


Sending lots of love to you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment