C&L

C&L

Monday, February 29, 2016

Mickey Mouse

I don't know how or why but my son is obsessed with Mickey Mouse. It's on everything- his diapers, his pj's, his hat.... Somehow he is loving everything with Mickey on it. I guess this is how it happens. This is how they get you. I didn't even realize how many things we had with Mickey on it till now. So M and I went to Target on Friday to get a few things and I saw the cutest Mickey shirt for him. Now he's got me sucked into it!!
Here is Micah taking a picture with the Target dog. He is the cutest.
 Here is his mickey shirt!! He saw himself in the mirror and said, "wow"


On Friday night we had a babysitter come around 4 p.m. to watch Micah and I took an uber downtown to meet Craig at his work. It was my first time in an Uber by myself. I was a little nervous, but it was super easy and convenient.  Craig took me to a steak bar close to his work. He had been there once before for a Christmas party and really liked it. We sat at the bar and had a few beers and ordered a steak sliced up for an appetizer. It was amazing!! I felt so free. Eating and drinking and just relaxing. We have been out a few times but this time was different. I didn't feel rushed or anxious. I just knew we were paying for this time and to enjoy every second.  We took the Marta train to the stadium where we saw the Bulls play against the Atlanta Hawks. Most of the Bulls players were injured so we lost. We had a blast though. So much fun laughing and just being us.


Loved every second of it.

The next morning we woke up and had to pack for our trip to Tennessee. Rachel and the boys came to pick us up and we were on our way. After M took a little nap we stopped at McDonalds that had an awesome play place and let them play for an hour or so.



Micah is finally big enough to climb up most of the stairs and go down the slides. This particular play place was outside which was amazing since it was nice out. Also I had to do a bit of climbing to help M on a certain part of the play ground. He didn't eat much but ran around a lot. Micah and Caleb got My Little Ponies in their Happy Meals. We told the cashiers they were boys, and unexpectedly M was really happy with the pony and kept saying "pony." One of the coolest things happened while we were at the play place. Rachel and I were standing watching the boys and all the sudden micah said, "Liam," and it was perfect. We both looked at each other with amazement and couldn't believe what we just heard. M still calls Caleb, "K" but Liam is spot on. Pretty incredible. Over the weekend he just started saying every word in the book. It's all happening so fast.


We go to the hotel around 3:30 p.m. Saturday and I checked into my room. It was such a cute little room. I loved it. We met my parents about an hour later and had dinner in the lobby at their hotel. We all went swimming afterwards and M had the best time ever. He didn't give me a break, but it was so worth it. He wanted to get out of the pool and jump in. It's a little scary since he would have jumped in without anyone to catch him. I definitely have a dare devil on my hands. Never take your eye off him.

We left everyone for the night and headed back to our room (at a hotel few steps away) and M and I got to snuggle in my bed. Since we don't have a TV in our room anymore I haven't been able to do this with him. We watched Monsters Inc. on Tv and laid in bed eating goldfish. It sounds so simple but I was so incredibly happy to be with him. He has become my buddy. Not just my son, but my companion. I loved snuggling with him. So much that I told Craig I want a tv in our room so M and I can have cuddle time. haha Not sure if that will happen.

M and I took a blue steel photo just for daddy. I didn't even tell M to make this face...he just did it. I guess he's mini Craig for sure!!

The next morning Rachel and I got picked up some lunch at Jason's Deli and went to Stone River National Battlefield. It was the only thing close by that I thought the boys would enjoy running around before we sat in the car for 3 hours.




It was nice to talk with Rachel while we drove. It's the only time we can have a conversation while being with our kids. In the car or sleeping.

Last but not least. Today is so gorgeous out. I should be outside right now...but I had so much to tell you all I needed to write it all down before it left my brain. M and I went to the park this morning and  it was perfect out. He made his speciality, wood chip stew.



It was a great weekend. I go to spend time with my husband, my son, my sister, my nephews and even my parents. All in the matter of two and a half days....I need a nap.

Love you all

No comments:

Post a Comment