C&L

C&L

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Meeting new friends

Today was a relaxing day compared to Friday and Saturday. During the day on Friday we hung out with new friends and old. Went to a mom's house that has a 2 year old and is due a week after me. All three of us have boys and soon we will all welcome little girls! So fun having mom's around me about to go through the same thing.
Friday night we met another couple at a parenting seminar at Johnson Ferry Baptist Church. It was all about honor. Really cool to see how they described it and how to promote it in your children.  The definition: to make someone feel special, to value others before yourself, and to have a good attitude.  They talked about how kids are so self consumed that we need to start teaching them at a young age why it's important to make others feel special and to do things for others. Very good stuff. They even talked about making bible stories fun activities for kids. To help them understand and bring it to a level they can put into real life. Really great stuff! So glad we went.

Saturday night we went to a BBQ at our pastor's house. They had childcare and we were able to connect with a few couples. I saw a mom from my mops group and also met a new mom who just had a little boy five months ago. She looked like my old friend Courtni Bean.  It was her dobbleganger and I was feeling connected to her right away.

Saturday while M was sleeping I finally got to run to Hobby Lobby to look for some wall decor for baby girls room. I kinda went crazy.  I got a few letter N's and a big frame. I can't wait to show you all when it's done. Looks like I'm
going with Noelle. I keep going back to it. Noelle Joy. NJ. Elle Joy.  Just some nicknames I'm thinking of. I found a bible verse at Hobby that I also really want but it was out of stock. It's from psalm 139. "You are fearfully and wonderfully made."
Craig is still working on the dresser too! We have a long way to go still, but I'm not too worried. I like taking my time.

Micah is talking up a storm. He says everything. We have conversations in the car....I mean Real conversations. I forget how smart he is until he sees something out the window and asked me about it.
He's so smart. Very sweet to others. Makes a mother proud. Right now he likes to talk about his friends. He loves to make new friends. I always tell him he is going to play with his friends. So practically everyone he meets is his friend right now.

Looking forward to MOPS this week and maybe a night out with Leslie. Also have choir practice on Thursday.

Hope you all had a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment