C&L

C&L

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

sickness ruins everything

When the first week of school started no one was too thrilled about it. School starts so early here in Atlanta, not only that but the first week Averie caught a bad stomach virus. It's not even fall yet and all the kids are going through a horrible virus. We had to cancel our plans for Averie's birthday celebration and now this weekend looks like our 5k/boys stay over/Craig and I anniversary night is no longer happening. We have been planning these last few weekends for months now. The 5k has been on our "looking forward to" calendar for quite some time. It's so depressing when one kid gets sick over there. They can't escape it going to all the kids. Then it seems like it lasts a whole month. Just enough time for someone else to catch something else. Please be praying for the kids and Hannah/Rachel. I wish I could be of more help. I'm helpless over here. Praying for them, wishing there was something I could do. Or even give them more sleep.

Sleep is precious and I'm soaking it in as much as possible on this side of the city. My little man is still sleeping great and taking 2 hour naps. He is still sleeping in his crib and loves it. He played with his animals and will sit in there and be content until I come get him (most days).

Yesterday I took him to Soap Creek Trail to feed some fishes and turtles. It was so cute to see him watch them eat the bread and get so excited. When you watch the video ...you will hear how excited I get as well. I may be just as thrilled do these things as M is.
The funny thing is when I tell him to smile for a picture right now...he looks like he's in pain. We are trying to get better at this because his real smile is so cute. I swear he is happy in these photos.




Today I met a new friend at a place called Chattahoochee Coffee Company. I had heard a lot about it and really wanted to go, but just never did. So I told this new friend I met at the Pastor's bbq to meet me there. It was so pretty. Right on the water. I guess they aren't open to the public on the weekends, only to residents that live on the property. It's really awesome how cool the scenery is. It wasn't that busy because it's tucked away and you would never know its back there.  The new friend's name is Emilee and she has a 5 month old little boy names Andrew. She reminded me of my friend Courtni from College and we totally had a weird connection. So when I was leaving today, she was saying how there was something about me that told her we should be friends. I told her about how she looked like a friend I had and then she said I looked like a friend she had in Michigan. So weird. Like we were meant to be friends. She also opened up to me about a lot going on in her life right now. I know why God has placed me in her life and I hope I can be there for her and (she just texted me) haha I forgot my train of thought. Anyways, here are some pics we took of our fun time this morning.






We are still enjoying our minivan. Micah is watching "Bolt" all the time. We tried to put in other movies, but Bolt seems to be the winner right now. 

Thursday I scheduled my Chiropractor appointment! I'm doing it. I would rather go and be out of pain for a few days then be hurting this much at night. I hope he can help me! They said I can bring M with me and it's not a big deal. Hopefully he will be good. He's been such a sweet boy lately. (I mean he always is) I just get excited thinking about him being sweet to his little sister. 

NJ's dresser is almost done and I have some new ideas for her decoration. I also got a canopy from a friend to put over the crib. It's really fun and different. Can't wait till it's all put together and I can show you all. 

We are getting excited for our trip home. Wish we could bring the van with us. haha It would make for easy travel. Maybe we will try it when Noelle is here, but I doubt it. I feel the possibilities are endless with this van. I can go anywhere and do anything. I have to make sure when I put M in the car we have a few places to go. Otherwise he gets mad because he wants to STAY in the van. LOL
Good problem to have. 

Love you all





No comments:

Post a Comment